Recent content by michaelmew

1. michaelmew

Laundry Advice on Re-route Drain and Vent

This solution worked great for me. I am washing and drying clothes without incident. Thanks everyone! -mm
  2. michaelmew

Thanks Terry. There is no sink, just the washing machine. Any reason not to just cap it off above the existing clean out? -mm
  3. michaelmew

Cool, thanks. Just to clarify, the intent was for a cap and NOT AAV, my scale got a little out of whack ;-). Also, there's no sink, it's just a washer/dryer, so the vent is exclusive to that purpose. -mm
  4. michaelmew

#1 is dead. How about this modification to it? -mm The sink on 3 needs an AAV for it to work. Vents are above the trap arm, not below.
  5. michaelmew

That's a good point I didn't consider. I read on another post about someone cutting a fitting with an oscillating tool from the outside and then broke the rest off but left a short stub of the existing inner pipe. They primed and glued a replacement fitting over the existing stuff. If I...
  6. michaelmew

Yes, sorry, missed the cap. I'm not familiar with the Ram Bit. I'll see what I can find online. Sounds promising. Thanks!
  7. michaelmew

I feel like these are my only two options (the grey is just to indicate existing). Is either one permitted by code? If both are, which one is preferable? Am I overlooking another solution? I dislike #1 because its a lot of extra travel and the vent seems odd. Terry, is this what you were...
  8. michaelmew

Thanks Terry. That's a very nice looking rough-in. Now, Let's say that you are doing renovation work and saw that behind the wall. The homeowner wants the washer supply and drain on the left side of the sink. How would you do that, because I believe that is my situation. In your example, it...
  9. michaelmew

bump. any thoughts on this? trying to install this weekend. thanks in advance.
  10. michaelmew

My wife wants me to convert our side by side W/D to stackable. No big deal, right? Just move the plumbing and electricity. Unfortunately, the original builders didn't leave me anything to work with before going into the slab. The existing tee is already reduced to 1 1/2" for the vent. So, I...
  11. michaelmew

Stacked Washer/Dryer Connections

I believe that is a Dryerbox. https://dryerbox.com/choose.htm
  12. michaelmew

Thanks for the image Terry. Is that a Dryerbox? I've been considering using that as well. Will it make a significant difference in my setup? I definitely can use the additional floor space. We haven't purchased the replacement units yet, but I can narrow it down to a couple and read the cut...
  13. michaelmew

The next room in my DIY renovation is the Laundry Room. Our existing layout is side by side W/D with a small cabinet above. My wife has requested additional storage and a folding space. This has pushed us toward a stacked W/D. I have exactly zero experience with a stacked system, so maybe this...
  14. michaelmew

DIY Code Help/Advice

There's a Pro version and Regular version. Maybe they don't do the free one anymore. That is odd. Try the trial and see if it goes to just regular when finished. The version I am running is 2015 regular. If I can find the exe, I'll let you know. -michaelmew
  15. michaelmew

DIY Code Help/Advice

Well, I've done some more practical investigation. Refer to image. The elbow at the bottom of the lav stack is tight against the subflooring above. I don't see how it is practical to cut above it in any way unless I start cutting subflooring and wall plate. Therefore, I'll tie in right behind it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks