Recent content by manich

1. manich

Booster pump having trouble boosting sometimes

So I bit the bullet and replaced the old 1/3hp Teel booster pump with a 1/2hp F&W for $1,000. No problems for 3 days and then wake up this morning to find the pump running at 30psi and not increasing pressure. Something is emptying the line running up the hill from the well to my house. After an...
  2. manich

What would you recommend for a replacement of my old Teel? My "well guy" showed me something in his catalog that looked just like it for $900. I realize that Teel/Dayton is just a label on some other mfgs' pump, so I would like to pay less if possible, but still get a decent pump, or do I need...
  3. manich

Thanks for that table. Looks like a 50/70 setting would be a good starting point and not requiring a PRV..
  4. manich

I am the only one, at 65' above well head, with a booster pump. Other neighbor 35' above well head does not need one, and has fine pressure.
  5. manich

There is a submersible pump in the well itself that seems to be enough for my neighbor 35' below me. I noticed this issue is worse when they are out of town and not using water to get the pressure drop to get the submersible to turn on. My pump has either lost the power to drop the pressure at...
  6. manich

I have a 23 year old Teel 1/3hp booster jet pump in my basement about 65' above a shared 325' deep well with 2 other households. The other households are one, 25' below well house, and the other is about 35' below me. I am the only one needing the booster and on the same line as my 35' lower...