Recent content by lemahoney08

1. lemahoney08

Pumping Long Distance Proper Design

What wire, voltage, DC inverter, relay would you recommend?
  2. lemahoney08

If I did the relay approach with the tank and pressure switch inside the basement, it would need to be 120v over 14/2 or could it be some lower voltage signal and smaller/cheaper wire to trigger the relay? I can put the relay inside of a barn nearby the cistern to get the power for the pump.
  3. lemahoney08

Could the pressure tank be in the basement of the house and only the pressure switch be at the pump/cistern?
  4. lemahoney08

With 150-170 ft of elevation over 2000ft of pipe, what size pipe/pump would you recommend? I think 15gpm would be sufficient for the 2.5 bath home and livestock barn it will supply. Second question, I have already put ~50ft of 1in poly pipe out of the cistern tank when I burried the tank so I...
  5. lemahoney08

Valveman, Where could you get a 110-130psi pressure switch to put in the cistern tank? Everything I have found are 80psi max.
  6. lemahoney08

14g wire is fine. So I would run normal 110v to the pressure switch and on to the other house 2000ft away with 14/2 underground? Then what transformer do I need?
  7. lemahoney08

I currently have a house with a cistern tank buried beside it. The tank has a deep well pump and typical pressure tank. I am now building a new house about 2000ft away and 150ft higher in elevation. I am wanting to put another pump in the cistern to pump to the new house. In order to reduce...
  8. lemahoney08

City Water Uphill

What I meant was can the pump and float be on the same circuit (220v 12/3 with ground) or does the float need its own dedicated wire?
  9. lemahoney08

City Water Uphill

Can the float switch run off the pump 12/3 wire or will it need its own 12/2 run?
  10. lemahoney08

City Water Uphill

It wouldn't need to be a pump switch, but more of a valve to close the city water supply line off. Is the cycle sensor an easy add on at a later time once I see how much water I use from the tank? Any additional wire requirements for it or does it just mount with the pressure switch using...
  11. lemahoney08

City Water Uphill

Is there a float switch that would work well to open the valve to fill, but also shut down the pump if tank becomes empty? What is the best way to accomplish these two tasks?
  12. lemahoney08

City Water Uphill

Could you provide a model of multistage pump you would recommend?
  13. lemahoney08

City Water Uphill

Sorry for all the questions, but will a deep well pump be able to adequately push the water 80 feet in elevation AND through ~2000 feet of pipe? I know it can do either by itself, but not sure about the elevation and distance.
  14. lemahoney08

City Water Uphill

Better to do that and have 100+psi in your house than to bury a pressure tank in a vault?
  15. lemahoney08

City Water Uphill

Here is a areal with overlays