Recent content by Kubstix

1. Kubstix

Water Heater leaking from top hot connection

Didn't end up doing anything. I unscrewed the relief valve and saw the entire inside of the tank was completely rusted out, so did a full replacement. Thanks though everyone helping out, I really appreciate it. I learn more and more about plumbing everyday because of you guys.
  2. Kubstix

Just watched a guy in a video do this with a $5 nipple kit at lowes/home depot. Seems pretty easy to do this method. Thank you.
  3. Kubstix

Can you suggest a set on homedepot/lowes so I can pick up tomorrow? Or somewhere else as well. Thank you. These seem like the only thing in stock near me. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-2-Pack-Water-Heater-Dielectric-Nipples/3693216
  4. Kubstix

The actual Nipple on the water heater? *Edit Wow, just watched a youtube video. I was unware you can tighten/replace these. How do I tighten this baby or loosen it up without destroying the threads? This is definitely where water is coming up from. But I have no leverage to grab onto...
  5. Kubstix

Changed both hoses, but the hot water outlet is still filling up this pocket with water. Unfortunately it's looking like I may need a new water heater. This whirlpool lasted 9 years (well water). So now AOSmith or Rheem?
  6. Kubstix

No I think you understood it. The cold line is 100% leaking no doubt, I can see the leak here on the hose so that one is easy fix. The hot water I am not so sure it is the hose but we are certainly going to try before I go and spend $600 on a water heater. I cannot see any wet spots around...
  7. Kubstix

Do you recommend me not using tape on new hoses? I got new 2 hoses coming tomorrow. My cold water hose is 100% leaking for sure ever so slightly but it rusted the top for sure. Hot water, I just don't see anything wet near the tape or threads. But definitely trying hoses first.
  8. Kubstix

Can anyone tell me why the Electric water heater is leaking from the hot connection? It is 100% not the fitting. It is coming from underneath the white cloth below the threaded connection, filling up the void here (I just cleaned it), and dripping down the side of the tank. I just relieved...
  9. Kubstix

Sump Pump Horizontal Distance?

I think I could make that happen. Very much less in the winter, and even the summer. It's mostly just March/April when ground thaws and we start getting heavy rains. Right now I got a nice pitch going to the backyard compared to between our houses. I suspect if I need to go more, I may need...
  10. Kubstix

My neighbor made a comment today about me dumping in between our houses. We aren't feuding or anything so I'd just like to get it cleared up. So based off this picture, I would say I am vertical 4 feet, out through the block, 90 degree towards the ground, 90 degree out in the yard. I mean...
  11. Kubstix

Zoeller N53 pump 4-5 Foot Vertical pump How far horizontal can I go if I dig a trench about 40 feet to the back yard and put one of those sprinkler heads at the end? And how much do I have to worry about the pipe freezing living in Northeastern PA Winters? Can't get an accurate answer as to...
  12. Kubstix

Insulating Garage

I opted for R-21 in the 2x6 Interior and Exterior walls. Roxul R-15 in the 2x4 interior walls. And R-21 for the ceiling with R-15 Roxul as well. Is this OK you think? My Joists are 2x10.
  13. Kubstix

Insulating Garage

Demoing garage right now and debating on some things. 2 stall attached garage with 2 bedrooms above. Down to studs right now and going to insulate. Walls and ceiling had R-11 and drop ceiling (failed code not fireproof) The only thing I made a decision on was #1. Not sure what to do with 2...
  14. Kubstix

Question about PEX and Rodents

I am currently demoing my garage ceiling (drop ceiling) in order to replace insulation in ceiling and doing 5/8 sheetrock (living space above). I currently have CPVC in my house and I am replacing my entire house with Uponor. My main line from the well tank to the back of the garage where my...
  15. Kubstix

CPVC installation concerns

For what it's worth most of my house for now is CPVC. I've been here for 6-7 years and if I remember correctly he went CPVC in the early 90's is what he told me. Mine is bent all types of ways and exposed to some colder temperatures in the garage. I've had zero issues with anything related to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks