Recent content by Kevin John

1. Kevin John

Need advice on replacing shut off valve

Yeah unfortunately I think it's a sweat valve so paint removal, map gas and flux as well as solder for the next valve. Unless compression valves can go on steel pipes. And I'm sure they can, it's amazing the products that are out there these days. But I would rather stick with the ones I know...
  2. Kevin John

Looks like a sweat valve. Flux and map gas I assume would be what I need after removing the paint.
  3. Kevin John

As soon as I can get in there I will definitely figure it out. I should have removed all of that paint before posting. My bad. I live and I learn. Thank you so much.
  4. Kevin John

This would seem like a simpler solution if the guts of that easily removable. I'm not a professional just trying to help out a sweet lil old lady in need.
  5. Kevin John

So you're saying it's just a matter of getting through the paint and unscrewing the old valve? I should've scratched the surface of the paint and then seen that it was iron or copper. Not a professional here just trying to help out a little old lady. I've installed compression valves before but...
  6. Kevin John

Need advice on replacing shut off valve. The issue I am having is it's not a straight pipe where I can cut off the old sweat valve with any slack left to install a new one. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. My dilemma is shown in the picture. Thank you in advance for any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks