Recent content by Kburkhal

1. Kburkhal

DWV - plugged??

filling the tub and draining did not help and even seems to make the issue worse. Next step is to get into the attic and knock on some pipe and/or use a bright flashlight to look for any blockage above the master bath. The sink drains slowly and we periodically run drano through it. I may...
  2. Kburkhal

DWV - plugged??

House has 2.5 baths. The upstairs full bath remodel included new toilet, new floor, new bath/shower (replaced shower valve, installed shut off valves, and new plumbing from valve to shower head, snaked the drain piping due to previous slow drain), and new vanity (had to replumb the drain pipe...
  3. Kburkhal

DWV - plugged??

Our home was built in '99 and not particularly well by my standards. I gutted and remodeled one bathroom so far and replaced the toilets in the other too (Toto's of course). The old toilets were likely the original contractor grade and plugged often. In our other bathrooms, the sink or tub...
  4. Kburkhal

Tub faucet is loose

Fancy that - I checked the instructions (still left unopened in the box) and you are correct. I should have trusted my gut vs the plumber. Guess it’s time to find a different plumber...at the contractors expense. Thanks for the confirmation.
  5. Kburkhal

Tub faucet is loose

Bathroom remodel is close to completion. As part of the remodel, the plumber reworked the water lines to the tub/shower. All the copper lines were replaced with PEX tubing. I am used to copper but I have seen a lot of PEX tubing in new construction so figured it was okay. Now that the tile is...
  6. Kburkhal

Water Line behind the toilet - HELP

1/2”copper coming up through the floor. It is 2” left of center from the flange (12” rough in) and 3” from the wall so only 8” between the flange center and the water supply. I looked at specs for the Cimarron and Cadet 3 and both appeared to fit. I got the Cadet 3 (after waiting an hour at...
  7. Kburkhal

Water Line behind the toilet - HELP

I am replacing a builder grade Briggs toilet in the master bathroom. It is a 12" rough-in and purchased the Toto Entrada as a replacement. I pulled the old toilet and went to place the Toto and it does not fit. The water line is 3" from the wall and 2" left of center of the flange. I swear...
  8. Kburkhal

leaky shutoff valve

Well, took off the Flood Safe and used a typical flexible plastic hose. Valve still leaks. Now I have to shut off all the house water and drain the lines to replace this valve. I'm hoping it's not soldered on because then I'm removing the new toilet and likely cutting into the wall. Has any...
  9. Kburkhal

leaky shutoff valve

Just installed a new Toto toilet. The shutoff valve leaks immediately as I open the valve. It would occasionally leak a drop here or there before - especially if bumped. Now it just streams out when the valve is fully open. I had to replace the water line because the previous line was too...
  10. Kburkhal

Toilet install

Which is the preferred method - thicker wax ring or standard wax ring w/repair ring? I just tiled my bathroom floor and there is a good 1/4" height difference between the original ring and the floor.
  11. Kburkhal

Best 10" rough-in toilet

Last question...is there any difference in noise between the Eco Drake (E-max) and the regular Drake (G-max)? Is the Eco version just as effective with less water?
  12. Kburkhal

Best 10" rough-in toilet

Great! Thanks for your help Terry!
  13. Kburkhal

Best 10" rough-in toilet

Just to be sure, the CST744E that you recommended is a bit smaller than the CST743E that I have right now?
  14. Kburkhal

Best 10" rough-in toilet

Thanks Terry! What is the difference between the "EF" and "SF" ? The Toto Drake I have is CST743E-01
  15. Kburkhal

Best 10" rough-in toilet

Just remodeled our bathroom. Last item was to install to a new Toto Drake toilet. Only problem is it doesn't fit. I've only got 9" from the C/L of the drain to the wall (actually the molding). The Drake doesn't fit. The old toilet was a piece of junk and required plunging 1x per week at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks