Recent content by K.C.

1. K.C.

Sump pump/basement mold

Thanks for the reply. I'm not authorized to do any work on this, I'm just an employee in this building. But trying to decide whether to get the building owner to do a better job at mold remediation. There are 2 sump pumps installed but both have standing water all around them--doesn't seem like...
  2. K.C.

Sump pump/basement mold

Hi all! I am not a professional. I work in an office building that has had mold problems in the past which resulted in coworkers becoming ill. There was testing done that confirmed mold present and recommended installing sump pumps and a dehumidifier in the basement. This is what it looks like...
  3. K.C.

Can I replace main stack by myself?

Hi all, a follow up question to a previous post: I've got a cast iron main stack that's approaching the end of its life. I'm currently remodeling, so the main stack is exposed. Others suggested it's a good time to replace it. However all plumbers are booked out for many months, and by that...
  4. K.C.

Should I replace cast iron?

Hi all, a follow up question: All the plumbers I contacted either didn't get back to me or are booking beginning Summer 2022. I want to finish up the remodeling well before then, so I'm wondering--how hard do you think it would be for me as a plumbing novice to replace just the long middle part...
  5. K.C.

Thanks everyone for your insight and expertise! I will likely go ahead with replacing with PVC, as I'm on a tight budget.
  6. K.C.

Are you saying I should replace with new cast iron rather than with PVC? I haven't heard that before but I'll look more into it.
  7. K.C.

Thanks for your insight! Sounds like I should go ahead. Did you replace with PVC?
  8. K.C.

Hi all, new here and new to owning a home as well (and have no plumbing experience at all!). Hoping you all can advise whether I should replace my 1944 house's original cast iron plumbing with PVC. I've read that cast iron has an 80-100 year life span, and it's at 77 now. I'm in the process of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks