Recent content by JWolfe

1. JWolfe

Cost Effective Water Filtration

I am looking for the most cost effective way to filter the water in our home. We are on city water and are looking primarily to remove Chlorine and Fluoride (among other things). Our home has 3.5 Baths. In an ideal world I would install ONE whole house filtration system to that would rate high...
  2. JWolfe

Toilet Flange & Cutting Shims

Alright it fits! And yes I know it’s upside down I just wanted to see how much room I had from the flange to the top of the tile, and yes I made sure the other end fit into the pipe. Any tips on installation? Should I be caulking around the outside of the flange between the tile/cement board...
  3. JWolfe

Couldn’t this work...
  4. JWolfe

You might be right. I tried to measure it’s either very close or very slightly less. I couldn’t get a great measurement because the tape kept bending. I might grab the 3” flange from menards and give it a shot. If it doesn’t fit... then what?
  5. JWolfe

Okay so is the Sioux Chief closet flange push-tite 3” my best bet? Seems like there should be a better option with my current drain being flush with the subfloor. One that wouldn’t reduce capacity. But if that’s my best option I’ll go with it! Also, thanks for the recommendation on the rubber...
  6. JWolfe

Alright fortunately the caulk wasn’t cured yet. Here’s my situation tell me where to go from here. Tile is just below 3/4” high. Be specific please, exact parts (pictures or links appreciated). Thanks everyone!
  7. JWolfe

Hi all, I recently went to replace a toilet, that turned into quite the project. The hardwood floor was rotten so I tore that out, found out the underlayment was rotten, tore that out, then subfloor... rotten, tore that out. Ended up replacing the subfloor, underlayment and removed all hardwood...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks