Recent content by justaHO

1. justaHO

Water Softener Sizing

Ditto what Ditto said. A reputable dealer will pay in benefits back to you.
  2. justaHO

Fleck 5600 3/4" with 1" main line

I just saw this and was going to say that if your service is 1" your line MUST be 1-1/4" copper. I don't know how many times I've seen DIY'ers mistake this...
  3. justaHO

Fleck 7k- Newb Question/Regen

One unrelated question, I'm set for dF2b but the dealer set B2 to zero. Does this make sense?
  4. justaHO

^Sure, if RS is programmed for it. Currently, it is not (dealer set). And set CR to zero?
  5. justaHO

I believe you to be correct on the math. What I didn't know was whether the count had to reach zero or what. It makes sense now that the 20% is taken on the "front-end" of the calc. I hear you on the alternate methods. I know next to nothing so will try to get a handle on how the current...
  6. justaHO

Need a bit of hand-holding on understanding when the unit will regen. 9 days out now and 200 gal left (out of about 168ogal). Hardness still at zero but getting worried when the regen will occur. CT=Fd RS=SF SF=20 DO=OFF 80k system (C=50) 24gpg hardness New install so don't know what to...
  7. justaHO

Fleck 7000- discharge from hose

^Excellent point and, to be honest, I'm still in that mode of putting a "1/2 gallon" of detergent in the wash. It's suds-city in that machine now.
  8. justaHO

I can't believe I waited 7 years to install a softener. Finally, clean dishes, clean sinks, etc..
  9. justaHO

^I wanted to do it right and get that tool, I just wished it were a little more "cost-effective" for everyone. Thanks, and certainly your link (or is that you in the video?) to the video helped a bunch. I got lazy and didn't finish it though and consequently did not "re-synch" back to the S...
  10. justaHO

R&R of seals/spacers complete- no leak from drain port. The old parts were fine so perhaps something amiss during unit build. Side note, no need for the $100 install tool and I find it hard to believe, as a pro installer, why you would invest in one unless you intend to recoup cost through...
  11. justaHO

Water Softener Drain Line Question

^Why are you asking? Your washing machine drain is hard-plumbed to the sanitary system of your house? As for the gap, OK, no sense wasting my time posting. Maybe he's got one behind the resin tank, maybe he doesn't. Think of some ill-informed HO coming on here and seeing only that last photo...
  12. justaHO

Where are we going with this? Anyone who thinks a hard connection, no air gap, to any part of the sanitary system with a line connected to a fresh water system on the other end is not thinking straight. Forget the DLFC issue...
  13. justaHO

^You, as a plumber, would do this?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks