Recent content by Joe216

1. Joe216

Wall Mounted Toilet Help

Terry...I’ve been working on this bathroom for sometime. I’m ready to reinstall the wall-mounted toilet. Note: I didn’t redo any of the plumbing, just redid the drywall around it. The problem: The copper drain for the toilet is flush (or 1/8-1/16” below) the surface of the finished wall. Not...
  2. Joe216

Wall Mounted Toilet Help

Thanks Terry. This forum has been extremely helpful.
  3. Joe216

Wall Mounted Toilet Help

I know....this whole bathroom remodel has been a PIA. So your saying that the rubber seals can’t be stacked?
  4. Joe216

Wall Mounted Toilet Help

Terry Again, thank you so much. One more quick question....the waste flange doesn’t stick out from the finished wall. Can the rubber seals be stacked?
  5. Joe216

Wall Mounted Toilet Help

Thanks. I never would have thought about the neoprene seal. Is this used with the wax/foam gasket or instead of the wax/foam gasket? The toilet was previously installed with a wax gasket
  6. Joe216

Wall Mounted Toilet Help

Thanks. I’ll just stack some washers to get it to the correct depth. Thanks so much for your help. You mentioned something about a neoprene seal? This is an older American Standard (my guess is 60’s). There was nothing on there when I removed the toilet? My plan was to use one of the foam...
  7. Joe216

Wall Mounted Toilet Help

Terry I checked and the lower bolts are 4.25” off the floor, so I should be ok there. The issue I am having is that the backer nuts (if let as is) would be behind the finished drywall (about 3/8” behind finished drywall). Should I just add nuts and washers to get everything past the finished...
  8. Joe216

Wall Mounted Toilet Help

Hey Terry - need some help with re-mounting a wall mounted toilet. I’m remodeling a bathroom and removed the toilet. I don’t think it was installed correctly by the previous owner of the house. Do the backing nuts (I have them marked with the red arrows) go behind the finished wall or just...