Recent content by jeff blankenship

1. jeff blankenship

New Well - Local Water Company $6,000+ - what to do?

Local "well doctor" which was our 2nd quote for $6,200 for softener, UV light and RO. CSI Legacy Softner Viqua UV light No brand of RO Price includes 10 yr parts and labor warranty, and they fill salt free for 1st year. After 1st year, they do regular checkups and salt delivery/install, we...
  2. jeff blankenship

Thanks. Yes, brand new house, brand new appliances. 2 dishwashers, 1 washing machine, Ranai Tankless water heater... In my younger days, i installed my own pressure tank, copper piping, etc... but I think I'd have someone take care of this for me.
  3. jeff blankenship

2 Ct ft softner - okay, how many grains, and where should I purchase? Also, I came across this article (us water systems)- I realize they are trying to sell their brand, but just curious what you pros think? (reminds me of my mom's electrolux vacuum which was awesome, but after sold, now...
  4. jeff blankenship

Not sure exactly when filter was installed, but correct, it has never been changed.
  5. jeff blankenship

Thanks for taking the time for your responses. My thoughts: 1. Not sure what "make sanitizing harder for recirculating" means - are you referring to retreating or "shocking" the well with bleach for the coliform? If so, we just did that. Well guy pour bleach into well, took small hose and...
  6. jeff blankenship

I'll take a picture and post. Not sure what a above ground check valve would look like
  7. jeff blankenship

Concerning the SEPTIC - I do not believe this is an issue for our well. County is very picky on proximity of wells to septic. Both the well and the septic are new. well is 1 year old, Septic system in place about 3-4 months. They are on opposite sides of house and property - 200-300 ft...
  8. jeff blankenship

Hello everyone - thanks for all the responses. Some more information - what kind of well do I have? Wow, not sure. I did not know there were all these different options:) There is a white PVC casing that extends probably 12-18 inches above the ground level - has a solid cap on it, and...
  9. jeff blankenship

New Well, new house - ~150ft deep, 24 gal/min 5,000sq ft, 5.5 baths; 5 people + in-law suite with part time tenants Septic System Well initial positive for Total Coliform; Well company "shocked" last week - waiting for new test results Other Test results: Calcium 65 Chloride 97.2 Copper <.01...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks