Recent content by Jazzman

1. Jazzman

Furnace Condensate Line Freezing

Thanks for your reply! As far as a neutralizer on drain line, I don’t see anything attached where it’s connected at condensate pump or at end of run before it goes in to downspout drain.
  2. Jazzman

Furnace Condensate Line Freezing

Hi everyone, We had a spell of unusually cold weather last week, and I noticed water puddling by our high-efficiency furnace condensate pump. I tracked the 5/16” vinyl tubing and found that it ran up into attic and exited back of house through enclosure that had copper linset for AC outdoor...
  3. Jazzman

60 Amp Subpanel

Thanks for the continuing electrical advice! I’ll be using copper wire for 85’ runs. Lowes has #4 and #6 Southwire THHN for the same price. I was wondering if I should go with #4 because of the voltage drop drop at 85. I might be fighting getting it through existing rigid metal conduit which...
  4. Jazzman

60 Amp Subpanel

Hey, thanks for all of the helpful information! There is some existing 1” metal conduit that runs from house to shop. However, it has romex in it #12. I was going to try and attach new wire to romex and pull it through to shop.
  5. Jazzman

60 Amp Subpanel

Hi there, I’m trying to upgrade the power to my small workshop behind my house. The wire distance about 90 feet. I was wondering if #6 THHN would be adequate for a 60 amp sub panel. I’ll be running a 3 hp table saw, 2HP jointer, and will probably installing a Minisplit in the future for heat...
  6. Jazzman

Bath Fan with separate switch

Hi there, thanks for all of the excellent solutions! I ended up finding a junction box nearby to run power to the fan. I’m adding a remodel box for a new wall switch because that was the simplest and least painful solution! Not elegant but I won’t need to listen to the fan every time I turn...
  7. Jazzman

Thanks for your input!
  8. Jazzman

Hello, I’m installing a bath fan in a bathroom that previously didn’t have one. I was hoping to install with separate switch. Currently there is one wall switch that turns on ceiling light. Power source comes to light fixture first, so switch only has hot wire(with white wire now feeding...
  9. Jazzman

3 WIRE SUB PANEL UPGRADE

Thanks for you replies gentlemen! I guess I’m better off leaving well enough alone. However, both sub panels are rated for 60 amps if that was to make a difference. I think ground wire was a #10 in pump house sub panel.
  10. Jazzman

3 WIRE SUB PANEL UPGRADE

A couple of years ago I pulled a permit and installed a new 4 wire 60 amp sub panel to my well house for new submersible pump. My barn/shop which is located about 25’ away was wired in the 90’s and only has a 3 wire(no ground) service. Would bringing a ground wire from well house sub panel to...
  11. Jazzman

3-Wire Sub-panel

Hi Wayne, I will check sub panel to see if neutral and grounds are bonded to panel. If not, I will add bonding screws. I do know there are no other cables or metallic pipes between barn and house. Thank you!
  12. Jazzman

3-Wire Sub-panel

Hey, thanks for your input! It’s worth a lot. If I add a second ground rod it would have to be horizontally installed because of soil conditions. It looks like that’s ok as long as it’s installed 30” deep and 6’ from 1st ground rod. The tools I’m about to hook up are both 240 volts. Would...
  13. Jazzman

3-Wire Sub-panel

My barn/shop was wired in the 1990’s and has 3 wires coming from the main panel at the house(2 hots and 1 neutral). I know that is not up to current code but I’m wondering if it’s still safe to use for my woodworking machines. There is 1 ground rod in ground but I think they now require 2...
  14. Jazzman

Waste Line to Septic Tank Inlet

Hey thanks for your input!
  15. Jazzman

Waste Line to Septic Tank Inlet

I just replaced rusted-out 300 gallon steel septic tank with a code compliant norwesco 1000 gallon tank. Because of size of tank and slope of property the inlet on tank is about 12” lower than on previous unit. Would it meet code to increase drop of inlet pipe to 45 degrees for last 3-4 feet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks