Recent content by Jakedeg

1. Jakedeg

How to remove air vent slug from new OCS Cast Iron Radiator

Ah! Solved my own problem. Got it out pretty easily with a 3/16" Allen wrench.
  2. Jakedeg

How to remove air vent slug from new OCS Cast Iron Radiator

I just bought three new OCS Cast Iron Radiators to replace some broken ones in my house. The way they came new from the shop, there is a little plug filling the 1/8" threaded tap where I need to put in the air vent. I can't figure out how to remove this plug. Is is threaded? What can I grab on...
  3. Jakedeg

Vertical P-trap alternative to stop sewer gas smells

Yeah. Thanks. I cleaned the vertical drop-down pipe as much as I could, including a brush attachment on a screw gun. That didn't make a difference. Plus, we didn't smell anything until after I snaked the drain the first time, and the gunk came up from well below the p-trap. So I don't think the...
  4. Jakedeg

Vertical P-trap alternative to stop sewer gas smells

Hi All! I moved into a new home last fall. It was fully gut-renovated back in 2014 and from the outer looks of everything, they spared no expense and did a great job. A few months into living here, I decided the walk-in shower drain was a bit slow, so I snaked it. I got a ton of stinky gunk out...
  5. Jakedeg

Removing seat hinge bolts from one-piece toilet

Did it! Just had to keep drilling it out. It looks to me like the person who originally installed it didn’t understand how it was supposed to work and didn’t use the anchors at all and just cemented the bolts in place. It took a long time to drill out each bolt and I scratched up the bowl a bit...
  6. Jakedeg

Hmm. Whatever it is that is coating these bolts and keeping them in place is not rubber. It's rock solid. And the replacement anchors I got from Kohler don't have any rubber bits either. I worry that these are so firmly locked in place that a screw extractor won't have much success. I'm going to...
  7. Jakedeg

Thanks. I can try that. Not sure if I have a sharp enough bit. When I tried it a little bit, the bit kept slipping off the bolt and making a mess. But I can keep at it.
  8. Jakedeg

No. As far as I can tell, there is no access to the inside whatsoever. The instructions from Kohler are basically to punch the old anchors into the one-piece body of the toilet and forget about them.
  9. Jakedeg

I am trying to replace the seat of my one-piece Kohler toilet. I have purchased the PART 84999 TOILET SEAT ANCHOR KIT but removing the old bolts from my previous seat is proving to be very challenging. I used some pliers to try to unscrew them, but just ended up snapping off the heads. Now, I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks