Recent content by Jack.Straw

1. Jack.Straw

Backflow protection + waterless trap seal?

I think i found one that does both backflow and waterless trap seal. Have you guys ever seen anything along these lines? https://www.amazon.com/Backflow-Preventer-Magnetic-Oversized-2-56-4-13in/dp/B089KTGC8H/ref=sr_1_27?dchild=1&keywords=waterless+trap+seal&qid=1597162705&s=hi&sr=1-27
  2. Jack.Straw

Right, i mentioned above that I already have one of those on the way. Coincidentally, i bought the exact one you have pictured there! Thanks!
  3. Jack.Straw

Yes, rain water is allowed. In fact, our gutters go direct to sewer. We've talked about changing this. The leaves are just blocking the grate holes on the drain in the walkout basement exterior. It isn't sewer water... it's just rain water that can't drain into the sewer fast enough due to...
  4. Jack.Straw

Thanks Reach. That flood guard is the type i'm looking for if I can't find one that also prevents gasses in addition to backflow. I like that there are screws that tension the seal, as apposed to just rubber rings/flaps to hold it in place. The outside drain is below the level of the yard...
  5. Jack.Straw

Ok, i see now on the 1st link does mention backflow at the end, but oddly isn't mentioned at all in the PDF. I guess I can email them to see if it really does do backflow protection. The other link has no backflow protection, it's just for gasses. Unfortunately I need both drains to be open...
  6. Jack.Straw

Those (1 and 3) are just trap seals that don't prevent backflow, correct? The 2nd one appears to be specific to the drain it comes with, and my drain is built into the concrete floor.
  7. Jack.Straw

Thank you Reach. I'm looking for something simple, as this isn't really a big problem. I was thinking more along the lines of the float style valves that push closed if water rises up.
  8. Jack.Straw

Hi guys. I have 2 floor drains in my basement that I would like to install backflow protection in. We had a backflow last year during a crazy hard rain that briefly put sewage all over our basement. We've only had that happen once in the last 15 years, but I want to go ahead and put in some...
  9. Jack.Straw

Can't fix fishy odor.

I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back here. I want to thank everyone so much for taking the time to make suggestions. I'm fairly embarrassed to report that the smell was coming from a hidden food item rotting behind a basket that was sitting on the counter near the sink. I couldn't...
  10. Jack.Straw

Can't fix fishy odor.

There's no smell in the cabinet. I just back-lit the P trap and it seems to be full of water, so there goes that theory.
  11. Jack.Straw

Can't fix fishy odor.

Hi guys. We have a double sink in the kitchen that is omitting a seriously bad smell. It doesn't smell of sulfur or sewer gasses. It's more of a fishy smell. I recently removed all the pipes shown in the pictures below. I washed them with a big bottle brush in a mixture of bleach and water...
  12. Jack.Straw

Garden hose powered sink: adapter?

Hi guys. I'm building a portable sink for use in my pop-up bar. I have a stainless bar sink with standard looking copper hot & cold lines. I want to attach a garden hose to the cold line. Do they make an adapter for that, or am i going to have to come up with something custom? Actually, now...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks