Recent content by ironmanvsaquaman

1. I

Need a check valve or other solution to keep bugs out of garden hose

I just learned that the "rubber reed" style check valve I was referring to is called a "duckbill" check valve.
  2. I

Need a check valve or other solution to keep bugs out of garden hose

I'm trying to come up with a solution to prevent bugs from getting into my water softener salt tank through the overflow drain. The drain is just an elbow coming out of the side of the tank with male garden hose thread on the outer end. I was thinking of either some sort of check/one-way...
  3. I

Low pressure & flow problem

Also, if any of you are knowledgeable about water softeners, I'm having problems with that too. I'm trying to identify the brand/model of my softener so I can determine if parts are available. The guy that came to look at it said you can't get parts for it anymore, but It's only 10 years old...
  4. I

No worries about the delay. I didn't get around to adding air to the tank until yesterday. I was taking my time to do a little research and make sure I understood exactly how this system was set up so I didn't rupture the tank. Initially I thought there was no place to check the tank pressure...
  5. I

Thanks Valveman for the clarification on the Schrader/snifter thing. I get it now. So... what if there is no bleeder orifice? Below are some pictures of the old pump and down piping, which are still sitting behind the building that houses the well and equipment. The pump was replaced about a...
  6. I

Thanks Valveman. I'm hoping you can elaborate on a couple points. Just want to make sure I'm clear on this. Both components LL called out in the picture are check valves? Is one of these valves unnecessarily redundant? This is confusing to me. The check valve you refer to is between the...
  7. I

Thanks for your replies. So an "air maker" is a device which draws a small volume of air into the tank to reduce the frequency of manual draining? From a quick search, it looks like the micronizer style is a venturi device that uses the velocity of the pumped water to draw in some air with it...
  8. I

I've been experiencing low water pressure and flow. I started checking it over the last few weeks. Pressure fluctuates but it usually hovers between 12 and 24 PSI. Flow also fluctuates. The best I've measured is 1.5 GPM, but that's rare. It's been as low as almost 0.5 GPM at times. I let...
  9. I

Help ID softener brand / model / error code

Hello, I'm trying to help my landlord sort out the well & softener system at my home. The house has been suffering from low pressure/flow so the landlord had the well guy come out. Well guy came out and said the softener wasn't working and we'd have to get someone over to service the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks