Recent content by Ira

1. Ira

Hot water shower cartridge leaking

It looks like it's just not sealing against the inner piping nicely, and that's what's causing the leakage.
  2. Ira

Yeah it looks like I have distorted the housing, as you suggested. I didn't think it would affect the sealing as long as the inner interface was able to seal properly. Damn, guess I'm making another trip to the hardware store... Here are another couple pictures of the assembly if it helps:
  3. Ira

Thanks for the quick replies. re: hard water deposits.. I'm sure they are an issue, but the cartridge is a replacement I just bought new, so I don't think that's the issue. @Reach4, are you referring to the outer or inner pipe? I can take a bigger picture. The inner pipe does look damaged...
  4. Ira

Replacing my hot water cartridge due to the old one getting plugged up and breaking during removal. I found the replacement cartridge (thanks @ aurora plumbing in seattle), but not able go get a perfect seal, so that it's constantly leaking. Attached relevant pictures of new cartridge and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks