Recent content by Howwit

1. Howwit

Flapper replaced, still ghost flushes occasionally

Interesting. I do notice that when I push the flush lever quickly and then release, the chances of the flapper becoming loose increase. If I hold onto the flush lever a second longer, the chances lower. But if I hold onto TOO long, then the flapper becomes loose again
  2. Howwit

Here's a few photos of the flapper and chain. The drain tube appears to be clear and clean. Do I have everything at the right length?
  3. Howwit

My old flapper was definitely not forming a tight seal, so I got it replaced. I've put a new flapper on the toilet (a Toto 3-inch), but occasionally when I flush it still won't form a tight seal so it'll leak. If I flush it again it usually fixes itself and seals properly. This only happens 30%...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks