Recent content by holmburgers

1. holmburgers

Plumbing Newbie Q - Permanent pipe compound for securing spigots??

Hi Reach4 and kreemoweet... very interesting thoughts. Perhaps it is as simple as getting a big wrench, wrapping the spigot in a cloth and giving it that extra umph to get it where I need it, with tape. Also, a compelling thought that the heat build-up of such a tight winding would set the...
  2. holmburgers

I found two good products that are available in German/Austria. Both appear to be anaerobic setting thread-sealants and -locks; similar to offerings from Loc-Tite and Permatex. They are suitable for sealing drinking water systems and appear to be strong-holding thread lockers as well. One of...
  3. holmburgers

Hi guys, Thanks for the input. Treeman, these products look promising. I'm particularly interested in the Permatex Seal & Lock. So I take it this is not a common thing that plumbers deal with?? I guess I am doing SOMETHING wrong... haha :-) I'm not sure if I can get a tight enough hold...
  4. holmburgers

Fixing a hole where the rain gets in, to stop my mind from wondering...

Fixing a hole where the rain gets in, to stop my mind from wondering...
  5. holmburgers

Hello All, I am a newbie when it comes to plumbing and currently in the process of building a darkroom. I am hoping the collective knowledge of this forum can help answer my (hopefully) simple question. I have attached a photograph of the fittings in question. The wall-mount fixture on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks