Recent content by Handyman

1. Handyman

Connecting PVC to Cast Iron Elbow that is Tilted / Should I replace Cast Iron Pipes?

Hey Guys, So this is a two part question. I'm doing a total gut and remodel on our small 3/4 bathroom in our house that was built in 1956. All of the plumbing is cast iron except for some repairs that I have made. The cast iron transitions to PVC outside of the house foundation and then runs to...
  2. Handyman

Complete Bath Remodel: Best Quality Shower Brands & Cast Iron Pipe Advice Needed

Also what are your thoughts on push-to-connect fittings for supply lines? I have heard good and bad.
  3. Handyman

Complete Bath Remodel: Best Quality Shower Brands & Cast Iron Pipe Advice Needed

Hey Guys, Thanks in advance for your help. I have two bathrooms that I will be remodeling soon in my house and I need some advice. Our house is partial slab, basement and crawlspace so it makes things interesting in terms of plumbing. Our house is approximately 60 years old and we have...
  4. Handyman

Steel, Fiberglass or Cast/Tub Replacement Questions

Does anyone have any input on the best brand or even model of fiberglass tub to get? Any feelings on Sterling?
  5. Handyman

My wife and I looked at some tubs today and liked the Sterling Ensemble Curve tub and surround. Anyone have any feelings on this? What are the better brand fiberglass tubs to go with? Thanks.
  6. Handyman

Thanks for the help guys! Well I think I am going to go with the fiberglass tub and surround. I really wanted the solid surface surround with a cast iron tub but after talking with my uncles (who are carpenters) and some other carpenters (we had here for kitchen remodel estimates), I think I...
  7. Handyman

Hey Guys, This is my first post on this forum. I have lurked in the past when I was replacing a sink. Since it has been almost two years since I started the bathroom, I am getting sick and tired of my wife complaining that it isn't done and need to finish it. This is our first house and...
  8. Handyman

Decolav and Grohe Install Help

I went to Ace Hardware and they had 9" extensions with 3/8" female threads on both ends. I also bought some male to male adaptors to connect it all. As for the rubber insert from Decolav, I am still waiting for it to get here even though they told me 2 days ago it was coming next day air...
  9. Handyman

Just an update for anyone who may be curious. I called both companies and Decolav said I am missing a rubber gasket and is sending it next day air. Grohe on the other hand said there are no longer hoses available and that I would need to get an extension.
  10. Handyman

Thanks for the help. I agree it seems there must be a missing rubber washer. I checked Lowe's last night for those extensions but they didn't have anything. Where does a professional plumber go for parts? Our home inspector told us he used to be a plumber and that not to buy any faucets from...
  11. Handyman

The drain we got did not come with the faucet. It WAS the special one Decolav recommended for the sink. It seems there must be a cone shaped gasket (like one that goes between a toilet tank and bowl) that needs to go around the drain tube and into the hole in the sink. This theoretically in my...
  12. Handyman

My wife and I bought a model 1410-CWH Decolav vessel sink and a push button pop-up drain model 9297 for it. We also purchased a Grohe Tenso line model 32425 faucet to go with this sink. In attempting to install these I ran into a few problems. First the faucet supply lines that are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks