Recent content by groundwater

1. groundwater

Sump pump running frequenty

I have a Zoeller 53. It looks like they have a long cycle kit, but the pit would need to be at least 43in deep. I would agree, the pump seems to be oversized. I have the same model pump in the second sump but it never runs as it doesn't have the window well cutout so the water would have to...
  2. groundwater

Jim, thanks for the suggestion, that looks like it might fit the bill. Do you have to do any maintenance to the sensors, like a monthly cleaning?
  3. groundwater

Thanks LLigetfa, when you say cut-in height, do you mean on the float switch so that it lets more water collect before turning on? I tried turning of the pump for a few hours then plugged it back in. It would run for about 8 seconds, then turn off for about 15 seconds after which the water...
  4. groundwater

Hello experts! I moved into a home recently and have noticed one of the two sump pumps runs rather frequently. Goes for about 10 seconds every 10 minutes or so, maybe more frequently if it is raining. The builder had to raise the basement level 2 feet due to a high water table but my main...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks