Recent content by Greg814

1. Greg814

Tub Drain replacement

I scratched the pipe and it looks like copper or brass in color.
  2. Greg814

Tub Drain replacement

The house was built in 1971. Would it still have lead pipes?
  3. Greg814

Tub Drain replacement

If it's lead and soldered. How should I go about replacing everything?
  4. Greg814

Tub Drain replacement

I'm in the process of changing out my tub drain and not sure how the tee is attached to the galvanized or copper part in the ground. It doesn't look like there's anything that's attaching it to the tee. Like a slip nut or threads on the pipe. Also what would be the best way to attach the new tee...
  5. Greg814

Tub Drain replacement

I wire brushed it and still can't really tell if it's soldered on.
  6. Greg814

Tub Drain replacement

I'm in the process of changing out my tub drain and not sure how the tee is attached to the galvanized part in the ground. It doesn't look like there's anything that's attaching it to the tee. Like a slip nut or threads on the pipe. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  7. Greg814

Installing new PRV valve

So I'm installing a new prv valve. My old one had failed and I had no flow. What would be the best way to attach the prv to pvc since it has metal threads. I've read where its best to try and avoid plastic to metal threads. I'm just a diy'er. Also where would be the best place to install a ball...
  8. Greg814

Whole house low flow water issue

So update. I talked to the neighbor's and he said the prv is underground next to the meter. Now my question is I bought a new prv zurn 70xldu . What would be the best way to connect the pvc to the brass prv threads. Thanks
  9. Greg814

Thanks for the quick reply's. I'm gonna ask the neighbor's tomorrow and the call the water company. Thanks again for the info
  10. Greg814

The only shut off valve is the one for the water heater and the meter shut off and of course the shut offs for the individual fixtures.
  11. Greg814

I meant I'm guessing there's a tee since its underground and I can't see it until i start digging the front yard up so I can see the main water pipe coming from the meter.
  12. Greg814

I think pic 2463 is the cold water coming off of the main water pipe coming from the meter. I'm guessing its on a tee and split off.
  13. Greg814

Nothing but copper pipes coming up from the slab.
  14. Greg814

Where would the prv valve be. I've looked everywhere for one and can't fine one. Could It be underground? There doesn't seem to be any access panel anywhere that I could find.
  15. Greg814

The only place where there's pipes coming up from the slab is where the water heater is. The only shut off valve there is for the water heater. I'm sure there is no water filter or anything. There's a access panel behind shower for the valves that's it.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks