Recent content by Frank G Perry

1. Frank G Perry

Put 3/4 poly pipe in 1 inch to bypass leak in foundation

Well we got the pipe through the line under the porch without a lot of trouble today. Got each end piped up and the water is on once again.smaller pipe doesn’t seem to be a problem.my friend says unless it gives any problems he’s leaving it as is.
  2. Frank G Perry

It’s about 80 feet from the well to where the pipe connects under the house.he wants to try this and not have a splice in the line.i keep telling him to open his wallet and just redo the whole setup and put a new pipe through the foundation but now it’s become a challenge to try the pipe...
  3. Frank G Perry

If he decides to leave it as a permanent fix could he just run the pipe from the well instead of digging the existing pipe up to splice it in and then it would be like using the bad pipe as a protective pipe.he also wanted to know if pex pipe would do the same thing but easier to push through...
  4. Frank G Perry

Friend of mine has a hole in his 1 inch line from well to and through the foundation of his house. he has to move the pipe about 2 feet up the foundation cause previous owner covered it with a porch. some people have told him to just cut it outside the house and slide a piece of 3/4 inch poly...
  5. Frank G Perry

Leak between pump to house

Well today the line from the pump to the house was replaced.pressure back to normal,pump working as it should,all is good.now I hope it stays like this.
  6. Frank G Perry

my pump man told me years ago if the pump acted up for what ever reason cut it off and let it sit awhile and cut it back on.the well is fine.it comes back on every time I’ve flipped the breaker and just runs 10 to 20 minutes and cuts off .my brother in-law had this problem but no leak and had...
  7. Frank G Perry

And to make it worse my pump man of 40 years passed away last year and I haven’t found a new one.very good friend also.
  8. Frank G Perry

When the trouble started I noticed that when the pump quit pumping I would turn off the breaker and let it sit awhile.then I would turn it back on and it would run 5 to 10 minutes or longer and cut off.i was told the hole in the line was causing air to get in line and tripping the thermal switch...
  9. Frank G Perry

I have a crew coming next week to replace the line so if it’s not going to hurt the new pump I’m going to put it on in .wife kinda likes water.thank you very much
  10. Frank G Perry

So I guess there’s no need in replacing the pump til I get the line replaced?
  11. Frank G Perry

i have a submersible pump that has been tested to make sure if it has any problems and it’s fine.the problem is a leak in the line between the well and the house .the pump will run through 3 or 4 cycles and stop and pressure drops to 0.turn off breaker about 10 minutes,cut it back on and does...