Recent content by Flat

1. Flat

Bathroom Reno - Toilet venting question

This is sort of what I think I am settled on: I guess I wouldn't need that dry vent for WC#2 either now would I? They can both wet vent through the Lav drains which I have to run anyway. That would make two large useless holes I have drilled in the bottom plate... oh well.
  2. Flat

Code allows for 1.5" and I could remain "nominally" vertical to the back wall likely... maybe not. However, it looks like there were only province specific amendments that allow a vent to be added to vertical leg but mine isn't one of them, so I guess that's out of the question? But it also...
  3. Flat

The current bathroom has a tub, a lav, and a WC, all connected to that san-tee with side inlet. The lav is currently vertically wet venting WC; is the tub dry vented, or wet vented by the lav as well? Correct. The lav is connected above, and the tub is wet vented but could be dry vented (there's...
  4. Flat

So in the second picture, what's coming into the side inlet on the san-tee and what's happening above that san-tee (is it a vent only, or is there drainage from above)? 1 1/2" drain from the existing bath. Above is a single lav from the existing bath and then nothing but vent. 2 DFU fixture...
  5. Flat

So, like this? I can probably pull it off, might have to change the toilet flange to an offset one though. If that's not it then I think you've lost me. If that is, then I drilled a big hole today in the wrong stud bay.
  6. Flat

I just had a thought that I am ending up with the same problem. Functionally, is there a difference between a wye with 10 DFU's up stream and a double wye with 4, 6, and 4 DFU's?
  7. Flat

I think I understand what you're saying but sadly I don't think two wye's will fit - it's about 10" from flange to flange my 3" wye's are measuring at about 8". However, maybe I can squeeze in a street 45" at the combo and then a 3" double wye... I might have to go grab one and see.
  8. Flat

Correct, that WC is the only thing being wet vented but there will be another WC upstream that is included in the 10 DFU that is dry vented elsewhere. So the pipe serving as the wet vent for the existing WC would be over the limit. I just wondered because it was so close to the stack, maybe it's...
  9. Flat

Hi, I am currently adding an en-suite bathroom and have run into a bit of a problem. The existing toilet will now be drained into a 3" branch circuit and I am over the 8 FU's for a 3" wet vent to meet code (double lav w/ 1.5" traps, shower, bath, and w/c - all individually dry-vented elsewhere...
  10. Flat

New en-suite bathroom plumbing / am I crazy?

Looks like Canadian plumbing code wants me to have a double wye for both toilets in order to wet vent them both. Since that would be physically impossible, I think toilet #2 is OK as is, but #1 will need something like this?
  11. Flat

I'm not shocked that what's in my head didn't quite visually translate. Updated: 1. Sorry, I was in a rush and that bit hasn't been keeping me up at night so I failed to draw it correctly. 2. Hopefully the flow arrows make this less confusing. I believe toilet #1 is vented via wet-vent to the...
  12. Flat

Thank you, that is helpful. I think I might have an issue with the vent on my new W/C also being used as the drain for my lavs, bath, and shower. I can remedy that.
  13. Flat

Hi. This forum is great, I have been reading absolutely everything I can and I think I have done this all correctly, but I'm not confident and would appreciate any input. I am adding a second bathroom to the second story of my 70's build house and attempting to tie into the existing stack...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks