Recent content by firelikeiya

1. firelikeiya

Do powered anode rods work?

Thanks. I also believe a longer anode would be better. The reason why I am leaning towards the AO Smith product is because they are a major manufacturer and the fault circuitry that is included with their system that has an audible alarm. The anode still seems fairly short. It's 21" long. From...
  2. firelikeiya

Do powered anode rods work?

In my last house I installed a Whirlpool gas high efficiency water heater (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Whirlpool-40-Gallon-Tall-12-Year-Limited-Natural-Gas-Water-Heater/3284848) that had a 12 year warranty. It was apparently made by AO Smith. It came standard with a powered anode rod. I lived there...
  3. firelikeiya

Solder all sucked in around joint but is it bad?

Hey guys, Definite newbie here to soldering. I just soldered a bypass loop for a water softener. I deburred the inside and outside of all the pipes, cleaned with a tube cleaning brush, and applied flux to the copper pipe and the fitting. I used MAPP gas. I sweated 1" copper pipe and used just...
  4. firelikeiya

No clue what I'm doing other than trying to save $$$$

I only have experience with Kenmore water softeners but all the negatives you hear online, well, I have had with my system. The corroded electronics, the failed ABS head, the cracked lines. The system runs great for about 6 years and then you start having issues. Parts for the head are cheap but...
  5. firelikeiya

Trying to decide between Fleck 5600SXT and 7000SXT

Hello, I am looking for a residential water softener. A friend of mine recommended Ohio Pure Water as a place to purchase. I filled out their online questionnaire and they came back recommending a Fleck 5600SXT 40k. I have a 3.75 bathroom house with 2 adults and 4 children. 1" plumbing going to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks