Recent content by Esm

1. Esm

Pfister LF-034-4ALS Kitchen faucet leaks

I was planning on that, thanks.
  2. Esm

I've checked with Pfister and they have shipped the o-rings under warranty. Thanks, Ed
  3. Esm

Hi, I just took my kitchen faucet (Price Pfister LF-034-4ALS) apart because it couldn't be rotated left/right. I cleaned out all the calcium gunk and reassembled it. Now it moves freely but also leaks all over the place. I'm guessing the o-rings need to be replaced, right? Anything else needs...
  4. Esm

Need help to install new shower floor

Thanks, I'll look into this epoxy stuff.
  5. Esm

Update: I got quotes for a custom shower pan and they're around $1k, not in the budget, unfortunately. The wife wants those sliced pebble tiles and I need to construct a waterproof layer beneath it. Any advice as to what material to use for that layer?
  6. Esm

I think I'll go with a custom-made pan that sits inside the existing pan. It comes with a correct slope and, probably, will outlive us. The problem is, there are so many manufacturers that I don't even know where to start getting price quotes.
  7. Esm

Thanks for the detailed reply. Removing the existing pan is not feasible, the entire shower (cultured marble) sits on top. I did some more research about custom made shower pans. That seems to be the solution. Are there significant downsides to that?
  8. Esm

Hi there.. My wife has "volunteered" me to cover our old shower floor. It's 35 year old cultured marble, totally flat, no slope to the drain and the entire floor tilts slightly to one corner where the water always ends up and the floor looks really crappy. I'm trying to find a not so complicated...
  9. Esm

Water heater stopped working

Could you send me that link? Maybe they are interested in buying my old unit.
  10. Esm

OK, thanks. I looked it up at Wikipedia, makes sense. Now I am wondering if that PC board inside is available as a standalone part, might be able to fix it.
  11. Esm

Hi guys, The local LP vendor has replaced the control unit and everything works fine again. Nosy as I am, I disassembled the old (no spark at all) unit and I am wondering how the LED is flashing without any battery or other power supply?
  12. Esm

OK, thanks a lot!
  13. Esm

Hi, I have a Kenmore Gas Water Heater (153.331690) that blinks on #4. The manual says that the thermostat needs to be replaced. Is this thing available, can I replace it my self?
  14. Esm

Well pump does not work

Guys, problem is solved. I pulled a new power cable to the well house and everything works now. Thanks for all your input and help. Coming to the rescue as always. Ed
  15. Esm

Well pump does not work

As I said, it's all buried in concrete. How about if I install a small generator next to the well house to run the well pump (and nothing else)?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks