Recent content by Eman85

1. E

Low oval toliet

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=toilet&refinement=4294722902&inStock=1&rollUpVariants=0 Mansfield Round or elongated, your choice. I bought the round, works great. both in stock at Lowes
  2. E

Toilet Shut Off Valve - replace washer?

I am not a plumber. I'd rather change the valve to a 1/4 turn valve. The washer in the valve should be replaceable but there should be something sealing the plastic stem also.
  3. E

Toilet leaking post flapper replacement ... what next?

How does the seat look that the flapper seals to? Open the flapper and feel the seat is it rough, pitted or have any scale on it? They make a glue on seat but many times it's better to remove the tank and replace the whole assembly.
  4. E

Mansfield Alto 137/173 Bad Flushing

FWIW I installed a Mansfield Pro-fit toilet from Lowes as a replacement in my home. It works excellent and was installed when bathroom was renovated, system wasn't changed at all and previous toilet worked excellent also for 30 years. I'd go with the possible installation problem with wax ring...
  5. E

CPVC

I'm not a plumber, nor a fan of CPVC. That said I've done a fair amount of work with it. Did you clean and prime it before glueing and use the proper glue? What type of water heater and did you connect directly to the water heater?
  6. E

Looking for a durable valve to restrict flow

https://heatline.com/product/retro-line/?utm_term=&utm_campaign=&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=4258821232&hsa_cam=1676802231&hsa_grp=114432630405&hsa_ad=490218506054&hsa_src=g&hsa_tgt=dsa-1112750782453&hsa_kw=&hsa_mt=b&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImPnXxLr07gIVotSzCh32uA...
  7. E

Sink supply lines

I'm not a plumber. You say rarely any of the sinks will run at the same time. The sinks themselves have 3/8" supply lines through a small stop valve so I don't see how you'd have any problems with running 1/2" to feed them.
  8. E

Basement Bathroom Addition Advice. Pex A or B?

I don't understand your worry about loss of pressure/volume with PEX B. You already have PEX B on your water heater and you say all is good now. I'm not a plumber, just an old mechanic that can do plumbing. I'm more of a fan of a mechanical fixed joint than hoping the chemical composition of the...
  9. E

Turning off the water from the street

That is the shutoff, turn it 90*
  10. E

Please recommend strong washing machine hoses

Best thing I did was install a single lever washer shutoff and it gets shut after wash is done and not turned on until it's time to wash.
  11. E

Toilet Flange Situation

Set the toilet on the flange with no wax and see if the toilet rocks. If it does tightening the bolts won't do anything but end up breaking the flange. Your flange looks OK you probably just need to put the bolts in then put stainless washers and nuts to hold the bolts in lace. Then place the...
  12. E

PEX connections

I'm not a plumber, just a homeowner handyman. I have the crimp and cinch tools so that's what I use. I've not seen any problems with those methods, the only knock is smaller fittings and reduced flow. I've repiped 2 houses with PEX B and flow hasn't been an issue for us. For 1" I guess I'd use...
  13. E

Help ID this shut-off valve

I'm not a plumber. Yes it looks like a threaded on stop valve. I'd buy a 1/4 turn one. If you go to Lowes buy every one you think might fit including a Sharkbite push to connect and a compression one. Always good to have a backup plan and Lowes takes everything back. Be sure to have some tape...
  14. E

Freezing washing machine

Is the line in an unheated area? Any insulation around it? If it's accessible you could try heat tape.
  15. E

Mouth PEX flow trick

I don't have any Type A fittings but the pipe is the same whether A or B. Fittings appear the same but I don't have any A handy as I don't have an expander.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks