Recent content by EatNSleep

1. EatNSleep

Help with bathtub leak

Thanks Terry, I'll definitely try that.
  2. EatNSleep

Help with bathtub leak

Hi, There is water leaking from the the ceiling and there is a bathroom right above. My plumber believe that it was likely the bathtub drain as he drained half a tub of water and half an hour later saw water dripping down below. (He ruled out the toilet as a likely cause as it doesn't move...
  3. EatNSleep

Tub drain shoe gasket on to of another gasket?

I only narrow down the source of the leak to somewhere down the tub drain (from seeing leak downstairs after draining tub). But I want to try the easiest fix first before I open up the ceiling downstairs to see exactly where the leak is. Hopefully replacing pipes past the shoe won't be too...
  4. EatNSleep

I am just replacing the top part. Unless that doesn't fix my leak then I'll open up the ceiling downstairs and if necessary replacing the shoes and/or overflow as well. I was wrong thinking that i have gaskets one stacked on top of another. The bottom onevwas actually the top of the shoe. I...
  5. EatNSleep

Ribbed bathtub drain washer

I am trying to fix a leak by replacing my bathtub drain. I removed the gasket and noticed the new gasket I've bought from HD was thinner. The gasket that came with the drain kit was the foam type which I don't really want to use. I inspected the old gasket and decided to reuse it. However it...
  6. EatNSleep

Hi all,. I am trying to replace the tub drain. When I removed the drain, I noticed that there appeared to be another gasket between the bottom of the tub and the shoe after I've removed the first one. The one that I haven't removed (assuming that is a gasket) seems to be perfectly glued to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks