Recent content by dven

1. dven

Schedule 80 deep well pump barb?

So the consensus would seem to be 1. SS Pump 2. Brass nipple (optional if decent pump with decent SS check valve?) 3. Brass Check Valve (optional if decent pump with decent SS check valve?) 4. Brass or SS (if using optional check valve) Barb Make joints with standard teflon. Wrap all metal...
  2. dven

I'd have thought that the water running through the interior would be just as likely to cause corrosion - but from the inside. But guess not! Good to know about the wrapping trick!
  3. dven

So, if I'm reading that right, you'd use ptfe as usual for the actual threads on the barb and THEN additionally wrap the pump discharge head + barb with another layer of electrical tape to prevent the corrosion? I'm assuming you'd only wrap the metal bits if you are using poly pipe for the drop.
  4. dven

Just wondering if a schedule 80 barb at the pump discharge is a thing? If so, that would theoretically eliminate any potential SS to SS sealing issues or any SS to Brass corrosion issues. Is galvanic corrosion really an issue with a ss pump discharge and a brass barb? Something along the lines...
  5. dven

Deep Well Pump Sizing

Trying to figure out what the GPM of the pump in the current well might be with not a ton of info to go on. Any thoughts appreciated! Here's what I know 1) Static water height in the well is about 40-50 feet 2) Pump is set at about 240 feet 3) Pump is 1/2hp (as noted on the well drillers...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks