Recent content by Dutch6575

1. Dutch6575

Help with Toilet drain rough-in

No real problem with the joints (no big gouges or burs), just an approximate 1/4 gap between pipes under the fernco fittings and the cuts not perfectly square but not bad either. I was just thinking theoretically/generally how this unsmooth new part of the drain system would not catch debris...
  2. Dutch6575

Ok. Thank you very much for the all of the replies. I really appreciate all of your knowledge and experience. It has been very helpful.
  3. Dutch6575

Ok. Thank you. From a learning perspective: While I recognize that splicing a drain with Fernco type fittings is an acceptable way to go, if the cuts are not perfect how does the interruption in a smooth pipe interior not grab toilet paper, etc. and cause a clog?
  4. Dutch6575

Ok. I will get one drawn up.
  5. Dutch6575

Ok, thank you. I am learning a great deal. I forgot about it, and failed to mention a 2" vent through the roof at the washing machine. The washing machine is about 8' upstream from the where I am working. Would this make a difference? (downstream- 2" vent - current WC drain work - 2...
  6. Dutch6575

Correct. The vertical 4" pipe (standpipe?) coming up from the closet bend is very near a lefthand 'wall.' That 'wall' is the side of a vanity, which is to be removed. I have kept the bathroom vanity operable in the interim while I work. The vanity will be removed before toilet installation...
  7. Dutch6575

Thank you very much for the replies. They are greatly appreciated. I will switch the above ground fernco to the appropriate one. Upstream of this (to the right of the existing drain) is a toilet and two showers, then a 3" vertical vent through the roof, then a washing machine. Would this be ok?
  8. Dutch6575

Ok. Thank you. Does the setup seem ok? Are the fittings appropriate? Too Many turns? Would I expect problems with the amount of bends and type of fittings present?
  9. Dutch6575

Hello, I am attempting to install a toilet and join to an existing drain under a concrete slab. Where the existing drain is located, I have limited space to work in a corner of the existing bathroom (In the picture, the lefthand wall is a vanity that will be removed, I will have plenty of space...
  10. Dutch6575

Toilet Drain Retrofit

The wall on the left is a vanity. It will be moved to achieve the 15" required on either side. The vent in the background is about 17" from the right side wall.
  11. Dutch6575

Toilet Drain Retrofit

Hello. I am attempting to move a toilet within a bathroom. I have limited room to work and am trying to find the best way to join to the 3" drain seen in the pictures. The flow of the existing drain is from right to left in the picture. The vent seen in the top of the picture is about 17...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks