Recent content by Dlhurley

1. Dlhurley

Trap adapter and P-trap for this case?

So turned the water on and was getting a leak where the tail pipe connected to the drain. I bought a flanged tailpiece washer but it seems like there isn't enough thread on this dishwasher tailpiece. Am I just not tightening enough or is the plastic lip a built in washer, would think not. Thanks.
  2. Dlhurley

One more question. Picked up all the pieces. Everything makes sense except the p-trap and trap arm came with 2 washers, one goes on the tail pipe but is the other just for a different size pipe and the trap arm has an integral washer (the plastic flange)?? Thanks!
  3. Dlhurley

Awesome! Thanks. They sell AAV in the big box store here but I'll check the plumbing code.
  4. Dlhurley

Ah so I am in Calgary Canada not CA! I will change that on my profile. As for the original question of extending so the p-trap will be inline with drain any thoughts on that? Basically I will now need to cut off below the first elbow, put a tee in, AAV above the T and then the trap adapter? Thanks
  5. Dlhurley

So I can add an AAV and just get as high as possible then? Put a T in and off that? Thanks
  6. Dlhurley

Would it be vented back in the utility room or somewhere else? I imagine this plumbing was done in the 90s and house is 70s. My worry with an AAV is that the new sink is deep and there isn't room to get the AAV above even the bottom of the sink so would it not get flooded? Given it was plumbed...
  7. Dlhurley

First time posting here. Finishing up a major remodel of my first floor and the last thing remaining is the kitchen sink! I had a 2 basin sink and went to a single basin. First photo is the old plumbing and second is after I removed P trap onward. The issue is the new P trap doesn't align...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks