Recent content by Djd275

1. Djd275

Venting downstream of toilet after it joins main sewer line

Thank you Wayne, I dont think wet venting it will work well as upstream includes: the bathroom sink, tub, a laundry unit, a kitchen sink, and another full bathroom with shower, sink, and toilet. I am redoing an old 1890s home, so my options are pretty limited on what I add and where the pipes...
  2. Djd275

Thank you All for the replies!! I will adjust the joist as needed to make option 2 work. One more question. Is there a way to reduce the sewer gases when I break into the main line? Will opening up the inspection port on the septic system help? The main line is in a crawl space and I want to...
  3. Djd275

Hello, I live in Missouri with code following the IPC. Is the venting shown in the top drawing (option 1) an acceptable method? Distance between the toilet connection into the main line and where the vent would take off is approximately 1ft. The toilet's leg would also only be about 1ft long...
  4. Djd275

Venting for 1st floor bath when second floor bath ties into 1st floor bath via horizontal waste line

Looks like I'm SOL for any kind of venting being done under the 1st floor. Although it will cause a fair amount of demo on finished walls/ceilings, I believe I have figured out a way to vent the sink and toilet by running them up a new wall until they hit the ceiling. They would combine in the...
  5. Djd275

Venting for 1st floor bath when second floor bath ties into 1st floor bath via horizontal waste line

Thank you for the replies. I was figuring that may be the case. Sadly I cant run the vent lines in the walls for the 1st floor. There is a roof top patio above the bath which leaves no room for connecting the pipes above the bath and 3 of the walls are load bearing and old/current exterior...
  6. Djd275

Jeff, Thank you for the reply. I apologize for the poor drawing, drawing has never been my strong suit. I am not sure that I understand what you are suggesting though. I can tie the shower into the toilet line, however they are on opposite sides of the main soil line, so I am not sure if it...
  7. Djd275

Hi all, I am in the process of adding a second floor bathroom and completely redoing the first floor bath and need some advice for how to vent the first floor bath/ kitchen sink (current venting cant not be left as is, as it vents straight out of the side of the house near a patio- house built...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks