Recent content by David S

1. David S

Cleanout required or good idea?

Love the responses! They are combo fittings and not San tees. Used purple primer on everything but you are correct. The last section is not glued yet! I’ll add a cleanout towards the bottom. Easy to do it now. Thank you everyone! Oh, doesn’t the new guy stand at the bottom to watch?!
  2. David S

Cleanout required or good idea?

I first want to say thank you for all the ideas and help I’ve received here. Y’all are awesome!!! Hopefully my last question as I wrap up my build project. I built a stilt home and my 4” line runs under the home. It’s about 20 ft long from the front to the back where it will drop down to go...
  3. David S

Uponor pipe inside PVC or conduit

I like that idea!! Thank you!!
  4. David S

Thank you sir! It’s a straight drop down and thought of using pvc conduit with one long 90 at the bottom to run towards meter. Appreciate the reply!
  5. David S

Hello! Simple question but wanted y’all’s thoughts. I have a 1” uponor pipe running to my Texas coastal stilt home. It’s going to run up a piling to the home that is 12 ft in the air. I don’t want to leave it exposed to elements, pipe wrap will break down in the sun so I was thinking of...
  6. David S

Venting question - new build

I understand. I think I would be past 8 ft to join the WC drain downstream of the lav. If I put a santee right under the floor for vent and drain connection can I run the shower drain to trap and from trap towards the wall of the shower into the santee and immediately under the santee use a...
  7. David S

Would either of these ideas work?
  8. David S

Would something like this work for shower vent?
  9. David S

Ok, last bathroom for me to figure out. See pic below. I’ll have double vanity, toilet next to shower and shower stall. Please critique my thoughts. Double vanity will be 2” drain and vent, will run it 90 degrees through one joist to bring it to my 3” toilet drain via a wye. That will be my...
  10. David S

Thank you for the ideas and help! I’ll move the drain line over from the sink as suggested and if I have room for the shower tie that in to the vent as well. My 4” drain is about 8’ away and hangs under the floor joists. Thank you again!!
  11. David S

Thank you very much Wayne! Makes sense on everything you said. I’m thinking I’ll have the sink drain run horizontal over to the vent which I’ll put to closer to the toilet like pictured below.
  12. David S

Thank you for the reply Wayne! It is IPC here. Good to know on drilling through joists. I attached 3 scenarios. Would either of these work? I think I would prefer the 3rd as it would be easier for me to do more work inside then outside on a ladder. Again, thank you for the knowledge and time!!
  13. David S

I think I have two ideas on venting a bathroom but wanted some professional feedback! It's a new home that is a stilt home so 10 ft off the ground, 2x12 floor joists that I am keeping the branch drain lines within that space. I have a 4' drain below the floor joists running down the middle of...
  14. David S

Softener drain to washing machine drain?

Hello! We moved into a new house and that was a spec and no softener loop was installed. I found my main line coming in and it’s in the laundry room so I’m going to put my system there since I have a drain and everything I need. My question is can I drain the softener down the same drain the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks