Recent content by David Isom

1. David Isom

Fleck 5800XTR2 Freeboard ....

We please guys can somebody advise me....
  2. David Isom

Fleck 5800XTR2 Freeboard ....

Hello again, I recently read that in upflow systems its not necessary to have freeboard space left at top of tank. Is this true ? David more information ..... any comments appreciated Hello, I would like to ask advice. I have a upflow system comprising of a Fleck 5800XTR2 configured as...
  3. David Isom

Effect of different injector size on softener capacity?

Hi I must admit I had not read about filloing the tank o the top for upflow systems. i thought the freeboard was universal. regarding channeling again i thought that was only going to happe if injector is oversized and flkow is to high. regadring compaction iagain i though rinser and backwash...
  4. David Isom

Effect of different injector size on softener capacity?

Hi, when you say you topped up the tank to maximum just wanted to mention if you did not know there must be around 30% at the top of the tank left empty else system will not be able to operate correctly.
  5. David Isom

Fleck 5800 3/4" flow meter turbine accuracy

Hi, Did you mange to get setting sorted ok ?
  6. David Isom

Fleck 5800 3/4" flow meter turbine accuracy

Hi, I have 5800 with XTR2. The flow meter was well off . I use metric and have set meter to generic at 39 pulses per litre and it is almost spot on . So if you use us gallons try 147 pulses to start and tweak . I was originally advised 133 for generic us gallons
  7. David Isom

5800 XTR2

Hi everyone after considerable testing I have found using generic meter with 39 pulses per litre provides reading close to my utility meter. I really want to thank all who posted suggestions and advice . This is a great forum and has helped me gain a lot of knowledge and confidence ...
  8. David Isom

5800 XTR2

Have been playing around with settings and it seems that 40 pulses per litre is pretty close. Will get a much better idea as we consume more water. Thanks for your advice
  9. David Isom

5800 XTR2

Have used generic and after 200 litres @ 40 pulses per litre it’s pretty close to my utility meter reading.
  10. David Isom

5800 XTR2

Hi, have made several tests using generic meter and setting pulses. It’s now run overnight and for around 200 litres it is within 1-2% of my utility meter . The setting I have used is 40 pulses per litre. No idea why the 0.75 turbine setting was over registering water by nearly 60% though ...
  11. David Isom

5800 XTR2

Hi mine is 5800. I am trying generic and playing with number of pulses . Thanks
  12. David Isom

5800 XTR2

Forgot to say we have tankless water heating system
  13. David Isom

5800 XTR2

Hi, thank you for responding. Pretty certain it’s either a fault or wrong type of meter setup. We have no expansion tank and I have installed a non return valve in line after softener. I am trying it by setting up generic meter and counting pulses. I have made some tests by drawing 10 litres...
  14. David Isom

5800 XTR2

Hi again ... I have recently installed the above with .88cu ft resin (25 litres) I am in Europe. it’s going very well and prior to first regen have been testing water daily to get an idea of how much water the unit can soften at maximum capacity. What I have noticed is that the counters in...
  15. David Isom

Conditioner not a softner

Hi, so have you decided to go for a softener and not a scale inhibitor ? My understanding is if your water is not exceptionally hard and containing a high sodium content to start with that it’s fine for drinking. It you do want to filter out sodium you’ll need a reverse osmosis system under...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks