Recent content by David C

1. David C

Basement bathroom DWV configuration questions

Well heres the finished product! Thanks everyone for the help/input!! I hope I never plumb anything again haha.
  2. David C

So on the vertical is ok? Like this photo
  3. David C

I just ran with the diagram someone gave me earlier in the post. I have plenty of extra fittings but I thought it had to with the end of the branch having the vent. The entire cast soil stack is going to pvc I just ran out of the will to live after cutting up the floor and cleaning up. Lol
  4. David C

So is that supposed to be a wye with a 1/8? I just mimicked the cast iron they already have. Is that in a wrong place? Never had to deal with cleanouts before sadly.
  5. David C

For the cleanout? Or just any horizontal connections? The Lav vent is gonna run with the AAV, if I have issues when selling the house one day ill have to connect it to existing roof vent. After I remove a connection that exists in the above floor as a drain currently.
  6. David C

Hows does this look? I couldn't find a 3x2x2 wye for lav and shower so I used a 3x3x2 then reduced the lav down to 2 inches before the bend. No Sani-tees horizontal, cleanout uses one because that made sense. Lol Also I have the closet bends with either a street end or hub, does that matter...
  7. David C

BRANCH INTERVAL. A vertical measurement of distance, 8 feet (2438 mm) or more in developed length, between the connections of horizontal branches to a drainage stack. Measurements are taken down the stack from the highest horizontal branch connection 918.3.1 Horizontal Branches Individual and...
  8. David C

So thats a no because its not at least 5 branch intervals between the proposed AAC and the top of the stack? Section 918.3.1 I feel terrible for you plumbers, thats some seriously dry reading lmao!
  9. David C

Not 100%, the sink above the subfloor might connect above the subfloor. Its likely it travels horizontal inside the wall and into what i thought was just the vent pipe. It just dawned on me I don't see a sink drain. But that bathroom is next and I could have it come down through the subfloor...
  10. David C

Thank you so much! I was thinking of having to branch off the existing main line at some odd 70 degree angle and running straight to shower instead of following the drain line angle and making the shower branch connect after the Lav... I have one last question. If I can't bring the vent into...
  11. David C

I am preparing to build a basement full bathroom with stand up shower. I am looking for help with configuring the DWV system that will go under the floor. I have drawn a blueprint to simulate the build. I tried my best to scale it correctly but since its a rectangular shape its a little funny...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks