Recent content by DanielAZ

1. DanielAZ

New Drain lines in bathroom - does it look right?

Ah. I see it now. If there is room and that section of vent is at least 45 degrees to vertical, it should be good. Or the the toilet vent in diagram A could be used?
  2. DanielAZ

See above. It will be inspected. The company is not fighting me. Again, I'm trying to be an informed consumer and I am genuinely curious as to what is the right way to do this. I don't consider that a waste of my time. If in the end, the company is not willing to finish the work properly...
  3. DanielAZ

I have read that. It is clear the tech who did the work didn't understand that. Can you point out in my drawing where there's a horizontal vent? Thanks!
  4. DanielAZ

Im almost certain it is. The big vent near the toilet is 4" but it's possible it's been reduced at the drain somewhere. I'd have to go down there and check. I don't know if this makes a difference but the house is a 1922 bungalow.
  5. DanielAZ

Not getting a permit was not my idea. As the customer who hired a licensed contractor I made the (now foolish) assumption that all work was done legally and to code including pulling permits. None of this had anything to do with cheaping out. Quite the opposite, I would say. I only found out a...
  6. DanielAZ

Ok got all that. Thanks for taking the time to look at it and respond. I really appreciate it. It turns out they didn't get a permit to do the work. Again, shocking and awful experience. Anyone else have any comments or anything to add??
  7. DanielAZ

A little background. This was done by a large licensed plumbing contractor here. It's been an altogether shocking and awful experience. This was done by one of their technicians who clearly is inexperienced. Crazy thing is, it was signed off on by their general manager. I'm trying to figure out...
  8. DanielAZ

Delta Acrylic Bathtub Drain Sealant

I thought maybe the description of the black plastic framework may not have made sense so here are a couple of pictures. See how it surrounds the bottom of the drain hole? It's not so easy to see in the photos but the white acrylic and the black plastic are not joined in any way. There's is a...
  9. DanielAZ

Thanks for the reply! That makes sense although what about that black plastic frame underneath. Have you had experience with these tubs?
  10. DanielAZ

This is my first post although I've used this forum quite a bit for a lot of good information. Thanks! Installing a Delta Classic 400 Acrylic Bathtub and I have a couple of questions about sealing the drain. In the instructions it says not to use plumbers putty which I've read about in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks