Recent content by Cygarbuff

1. Cygarbuff

Backflow fitting needed? Is different metals acceptable?

Thank you. I went to Lowes, Home Depot and True Value Hardware with no luck. I'm just going to go to a plumbing supply house Monday. Thanks for helping and confirming
  2. Cygarbuff

Backflow fitting needed? Is different metals acceptable?

Hi guys, I had disconnected my black flex irrigation pipe from my back flow preventer since I am on well water now for irrigation. Where I took the gray plastic fitting out I'm looking to put a boiler drain of some sort there. I can't find a drain that has the 1" male threads I need so the guy...
  3. Cygarbuff

Flapper number?

Thanks for the responses guys. I appreciate the info and links. I have to admit that it started getting overwhelming while I was chasing these part numbers and then the new superseded numbers etc.. I agree that I started to over think it. Thank you for clarifying and simplifying. Jay
  4. Cygarbuff

Flapper number?

Hi everyone, if this has been discussed before I apologize. I did a search but couldn't find my answer. I have four toto drakes that are 6 years old. I had bought flapper replacements as a back up and they were Thu138s. I can't find those and sites are saying it's now part Thu331s. I emailed...
  5. Cygarbuff

Irrigation backflow

Thanks for all the advice guys. It was my GC that hired this plumber. Let me clarify that, my first GC I had to fire originally hired this plumber. I just found out he found him on Craigslist for $40 and hour now apparently he installs cable television. I never knew a plumber really needed to...
  6. Cygarbuff

Irrigation backflow

Thanks for the responses guys. I do have a picture if you have an email address for me to send it to but I can't figure out how to upload it on this site. I would love for you guys to check it out and see it. A picture is worth a thousand words. In Mass I've found out that the plumber brings the...
  7. Cygarbuff

Irrigation backflow

I had a sprinkler system installed last year in Mass. I turned on the system yesterday and the pipe that comes out of the house that goes into the backflow blew. Water was going everywhere including through the hole in my house they used to run the pipe through to the outside. I thought that was...
  8. Cygarbuff

Spigot PSI pressure

There is a reducing valve in the house as the pressure coming in from the street is high. All appliances and shower and faucets are just right. As well as those two hose bibs (side and backyard) the driveway one is the one at 40. I jave a pressure reading gauge I screwed onto the sill to give me...
  9. Cygarbuff

Spigot PSI pressure

What should the standard pressure be for an outdoor spigot? I have three and two are between 90-95 and the one in the driveway (most important one for washing cars) is only 40. It's ok for getting dirt off my hands. Is this normal?
  10. Cygarbuff

How to get rid of crab grass

what state are you in? Crabgrass is an annual and will die at first frost. If you can't wait buy a product called "drive". It will kill the crabgrass and broadleaf weeds without harming the grass. Before the crabgrass dies each year around fall time when your crab grass starts to have a tint of...
  11. Cygarbuff

Question

Yes all that is already done. It's half insulated and a storm door installed. It's just the cold air through the pipe that cools off my gym. I was thinking exactly what you said. How can I trap the cold without trapping all the air. that's why it didn't make much sense to me when he told me...
  12. Cygarbuff

Question

My new construction house in the basement has a 5" pipe leading outside. The plumber said by code he needed to get more air into my basement. One reason to keep the pilots going. Same for my half bath. The only problem is it brings in cold air in the winter and it's averaging around 15 degrees...
  13. Cygarbuff

Hot water issues

So what it sounds like is a circulating system needs to be added? I spend $450,000 on this house and all I want is hot water. How much is that and how do I go about putting one in? Is it common to have one put in situations like mine? As for the allowance I did sign off with the contractor...
  14. Cygarbuff

Incosistent hot water

I hope someone can help me out. I live outside Boston and I just bought a new home. New construction. In the kitchen and half bath on the first floor the hot water is good to the faucets. It's hot and within a few seconds. The master bathroom and full bathroom on the second floor don't get hot...
  15. Cygarbuff

Hot water issues

I hope someone can help me out. I live outside Boston and I just bought a new home. New construction. In the kitchen and half bath on the first floor the hot water is good to the faucets. It's hot and within a few seconds. The master bathroom and full bathroom on the second floor don't get hot...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks