Recent content by Curiousv

1. Curiousv

Anything wrong with this junction box install and cable running to it - bend radius?

This is in bathroom - just below mirror(medicine cabinet) - this will be jn box - obviously outlet is towards the other wall (kitchen wall) its a small appliance outlet - we will put a drywall over it Question is - is there anything wrong with this install? I mean the way nm cable is inserted...
  2. Curiousv

This is fixed - A guy left extra cable in the ceiling and a hole in the joist not in the middle - how to solve this?

Measured along the cable or measured in free space? what do u mean free space?
  3. Curiousv

This is fixed - A guy left extra cable in the ceiling and a hole in the joist not in the middle - how to solve this?

Ok - some confusion here Cable with slack and cable that run through the hole are totally different cables Cable with slack is running alongside the joist and is stapled at every 4-1/2 feet but there is slack as u can see in pic. Can you please look at my revised initial post - I have added...
  4. Curiousv

Ok putting a nail plate - is not an issue at all. I think that will make it code compliant. For the extra length of cable - This 14-2 NM cable is connected at both ends and terminates in to jn box at both ends. It is also stapled at every 4 1/2 feet - but not sure what exactly you mean I should...
  5. Curiousv

1. I opened the portion of the ceiling to find out a guy who worked before left extra wire just loose - I will have this inspected - so how do I fix this so it passes inspection? 2. He put a hole in 2x6 to run a 14-2 cable through but instead putting it right in the middle he put the hole at 4...
  6. Curiousv

This is fixed - I saw a little spark twice today in this junction box

I agree but in this jn box - at least one cable is cut short (long story) so to extend this - wire nut is not possible ...I have to use at least one inline connector - to extend this - other connectors I can replace with wire nuts so I have asked more info as to which of the inline connectors...
  7. Curiousv

Yes now I have isolated the - 2 of them are sparking - but only if I use top plug in - in the bottom plug in(what you see in pic partially) - refrigerator is connected
  8. Curiousv

Tile guy made a mistake - how to fix it?

It is not red tinted area - what you see is - redgard through this gap - we have not put grout yet. I have uploaded more pic so you have better idea.
  9. Curiousv

I have replaced this junction box like couple of weeks ago - still did not put the cover plate yet so today I saw little sparks twice inside this junction box What could be the reason and solution? As you can see in the pic - I have put IDEAL push in connectors to extend and connect wires. I...
  10. Curiousv

The tile in question is 4 feet above the top of tub - sorry I should have mentioned that in the initial post. Now what do you think?
  11. Curiousv

But this gap is way bigger than 3/8 - it is at least 1/2" - so what do you think?
  12. Curiousv

TIle guy did a good job accept one corner tile As you can see in the pic - in one corner tile has more gap compared to rest of others tiles We have not put grout yet So should we remove the tile which is short (which is why there is bigger gap) and replace with correct size or we should just...
  13. Curiousv

A question related to LNI electrical inspection and permit

ok I bought the permit it leads me to another question/s It says - You must request an inspection prior to covering any electrical work, no later than three business days after completing the work or one business day after any part of the installation has been energized, whichever occurs first...
  14. Curiousv

Some people I spoke with - said - there is no need to get a permit for adding 3 circuits - one of them is retired journeyman and one of them is well known relator - managing broker - so do you know if its true or where can I confirm that? I can not call L&I and ask this.
  15. Curiousv

Electrical permit from LNI WA - it says Once you have a permit, you can begin your electrical work. Permits are good for 1 year. You must request inspection: Before you bury or conceal anything. Within 3 days of completing the installation or one day of energizing, whichever occurs first...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks