Recent content by cstdenis

1. cstdenis

Can I seal off an old Wet Bar drain and supply lines

Thank you for the great instructions mtcummins. I have done some small plumbing jobs, like replace angle stops, install faucets, install disposers, but I was mainly concerned about sweating the copper pipe and securely capping the drain pipe. I want to make sure I don't leave anything open or...
  2. cstdenis

Can I seal off an old Wet Bar drain and supply lines

Can I seal off the plumbing to an old wet bar that I no long want, or do I need a plumber to do this? Is there some form of DIY product that will help me? What is the best way to go about getting this sealed off? Thank you.
  3. cstdenis

Bradford White or Rheem? EF & Warranty

Thanks. Had one plumber recommend bw with good price (975 installed) another recommends rheem, but didn't break out costs. Wary of making wrong choice.
  4. cstdenis

Bradford White or Rheem? EF & Warranty

Why does everyone hate the Bradford White M-4-40T6FBN? I've been looking at the specs and it seems ok to me. Would appreciate advice. Thanks!
  5. cstdenis

modify bathtub only to shower/bath combo

Where can I get said diverter/shower riser pipe? I can find the diverter faucet on-line, and I can purchase a D-shaped shower rod on-line, but I don't want the shower to be handheld. There is no wall behind the tub to attach a shower arm to (it is a half wall), so would like to be able to...
  6. cstdenis

modify bathtub only to shower/bath combo

I would like to take a bathtub (built in) and modify it to be a bath/shower combo. Also want to put a circular shower rod around entire bathtub at same time. Is my best bet to go with a "claw-foot" tub converter and shower rod combo? Or should I just replace the faucet with a diverter faucet...
  7. cstdenis

Terry's new picture

Terry - you look a LOT younger without the glasses! Don't you love the LASIK?
  8. cstdenis

Which is the best refrigerator?

We have a 14 year old Kenmore side by side that just died (I think the compressor went). Would it be better to have the compressor repaired, or just buy a new fridge? What is the best fridge to buy? Would like a french door fridge. Looked on-line and noticed a lot of complaints about all...
  9. cstdenis

Problem with toilet paper? Toilet Paper Poll

after a few hours?!? After a few hours?!? LOFL about this poll and the comments. I use the toilet paper which makes my rear feel good - charmin ultra. We did a test of about 5 different papers to see which one we liked best - didn't test the clogging issue though - guess it isn't a...
  10. cstdenis

Q about manibloc plumbing system - good?

Hi, we are looking at purchasing a house and it has a Manibloc modular manifold plumbing system. What is this and is it better than a regular system? Are there any known problems/issues with the system? If I want to replace fixtures or do routine maintenance do I need special items/more $$...
  11. cstdenis

puckering drywall question

:confused: I am repainting my bathroom, and had to remove some wallpaper. When they installed the wallpaper, they didn't prime the drywall first, so it was really hard to remove. When I was patching some of the holes/scratches (using joint compound - not spackle), some parts of the drywall...
  12. cstdenis

Hydroswirl brass jet replacements

same issue with aqua glass I have the same issue with our aqua glass spa tub. They have brass jet trim that is tarnished and I want to replace with brushed nickel or white. I found them on the internet and sent a question to their customer service, got a response asking me how old the tub was...
  13. cstdenis

Delta to Price Pfister Roman Tub replacement

called delta - still confused Well, I called Delta and they asked me "is the base of the current faucet square?" I answered the base of the current faucet (spout) is kind of rectangular. This freaked them out and they said they can't gaurantee that any new faucet will work with it. So I...
  14. cstdenis

thanks! Thank you! I'll try that!
  15. cstdenis

Will all delta faucets work? OK, can I replace it with any Delta faucet/handles? I don't want the ugly acrylic ball handles anymore. I don't have a plumbing supply in my area. Also, my escuption plate on the hot water handle is stuck. I tried WD40 and silcon spray. Any ideas? Thank you.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks