Recent content by Cowdogs

1. Cowdogs

Air in water after new iron AIO system installed

I too have the micro bubbles with my AIO system. I've grown to like them. The water turns clear if you let the bubble rise to the surface. Another poster here on Terry Love says seeing the bubbles is good thing as it lets you know your system is working as designed. When we have guests, I...
  2. Cowdogs

Question about Clack value settings

Thanks. I had planned on putting the valve in bypass and pulling the plug when the brine was low and letting it soak.
  3. Cowdogs

Thanks Reach. Scaling the amount would seem to be the common sense approach. And you're saying 1.5 cuft is a good base size to use. That helps. The bottle says 1 cup for a 1/2 gallon of water for a first time (one time) treatment. So for a 1-2 times per year treatment on a 2.5 cuft unit I'll...
  4. Cowdogs

While doing my 1st year service on my water softener and Katalox iron filter, I decided to review the setting on both valves. I just want to stay familiar with how the value works. The one setting that I may not fully understand is what the value is the salt FILL number. Mine is set to 15lbs...
  5. Cowdogs

$99 NTL water testing pricing deal found

This is a good deal. Saves $60 on this test https://watercheck.com/products/wellcheck-basic. Thanks!
  6. Cowdogs

Well water treatment design help, please.

What factors would make you pick ozone vs. peroxide injection? I have 2 ppm iron and no bacterial issues if that matters.
  7. Cowdogs

Setting Salt Efficiency

Other than power to the well pump, my water is free. Salt is pretty cheap too, but there is some time & effort involved in replenishing it. All things being equal I will lean towards using more water and less salt if possible. I am starting at 15 grains of hardness, and the water feels...
  8. Cowdogs

Setting Salt Efficiency

Thanks Ditto. That is the chart I am using, and it is very helpful. My valve came programmed for 8 lbs/ft3. I'm going to run it that way for a month, and then drop it to 6lbs/ft3 and see if my family can tell the difference. I just wanted to verify the only 2 variables in the value I need to...
  9. Cowdogs

Setting Salt Efficiency

Thank you again. A great explanation. So if I understand correctly, the hardness leakage is not fixed, and it will vary. It will be less right after regen, and more as the resin capacity is used. There will also be less leakage when the water use is lower (in GPM) which allows the water to...
  10. Cowdogs

Iron Filter Question

Thank you Bannerman. I am in SE Florida, and all my water comes from a well with ferrous iron. My old system used the softener to remove this iron. Using the softener worked OK, but it had all the downsides that are well documented here on the forum. The one that bothered me the most was the...
  11. Cowdogs

Setting Salt Efficiency

So I am looking at improving my understanding of the variables involved in controlling a water softener value for salt efficiency. My value is a Clack EE, but my questions probably apply to any softener. It seems to me 3 things must be managed. How often/soon the softener regenerates. This...
  12. Cowdogs

Iron Filter Question

Hello. I have a question about a new system I am having installed at my house that includes an iron filter (AIO Katalox). My previous system did not have an iron filter, so this is a new thing. My question is about residual air in the water after the Iron Filter. Is this likely to be an...
  13. Cowdogs

Katalox backwash question

I think this post from a month ago shows why you all suggest daily backwashing. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/iron-out-to-clean-katalox-light.75658/page-2#post-648264 Is there anything that would have dissolved this Katalox brick once it formed?
  14. Cowdogs

Thank you both. I kind of figured I wasn't going to be the one that discovered everyone was backwashing their Katalox Light too often. Obviously it's important to know what could happen if you don't backwash enough. Unknowingly I would have turned the system off when going away for a couple...
  15. Cowdogs

I see the recommendation is these filters using Katalox-Light should be backwashed every 3-4 days. 4 days is often listed as the max time you should go. One reason I see given is that the oxidized iron (rust) will be clogging the media and water flow might be reduced. My question is, why is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks