Recent content by Clutchcargo

1. Clutchcargo

Donut Sizing For Cast Iron Pipe

Call Fernco directly, they'll give you the model # of the one that fits. Then order it from supplyhouse.com.
  2. Clutchcargo

Best way to couple tee fitting with pipe for repair area

Is it not allowed to extend the cleanout?
  3. Clutchcargo

NPT fitting doesn't quite fit in NPT tap!

What type of radiators are these and who is the manufacturer? It could be that the manufacturer over tapped the NPT threads.
  4. Clutchcargo

Delta R10000 Shower Valve With PEX - best practices

I read the Aquapex install guide. The minimum bend is 5" c-c. That would leave me with less than 4" for the valve in my 14" stud cavity. But... apparently Uponor has this covered with tub elbows...
  5. Clutchcargo

Thanks all. My build is shower only. I guess I mixed up the requirements to spout vs. showerhead.
  6. Clutchcargo

I'm installing a shower valve and diverter. The shower circuit is going to be a home run using PEX. Is there any benefit to use a valve body with 1/2" inlets and then sweat in a couple elbows and PEX adapters? Will the PEX with bends and shower faucet fit within a 14" stud cavity? Also, I think...
  7. Clutchcargo

Pipe not fully seated in fitting.

It's not often that I get the answer that I wanted. Thanks guys.
  8. Clutchcargo

The pipe and fitting that is in question is the wye and the pipe to the right of it. The pipe into the 45 fit perfectly; I had better leverage to push it in. Would this ever be a problem... either with leaks, or snagging something from the WC, etc? That's what I'm trying to wrap my head around...
  9. Clutchcargo

I'm working on gluing up the drain for the toilet. After I measured everything out and glued it together, I discovered that the length ran about 1/4" longer than measured. I sent my phone into the pipe to have a look at the inside to see what happened. It looks like the pipe is not fully seated...
  10. Clutchcargo

Gurgling in one half of kitchen sink

Is the drain for the right sink lower than the trap weir? That drain needs to be placed a bit higher. The way it is here, it can never fully drain. Edit: Another look, I don't think you can make that work. The drain entering the wall is too high.
  11. Clutchcargo

Toilet rough in measurement

Thanks, I don't have a specific toilet yet but perusing the TOTO site, the spacing is all over the place. I'll stick with 12 and pick one that fits. Tangent thought, I had no idea that you can spend $19k on a toilet; guess I'm not in the that target market.
  12. Clutchcargo

Thanks for this. The illustrations look like they assume no baseboard trim. I just want to make sure I don't have to do some wonky trim mods behind the toilet.
  13. Clutchcargo

Before I glue this all together... is the 12" rough-in measurement for a toilet from the finished drywall or the baseboard trim? TIA
  14. Clutchcargo

Charlotte 3" long 1/4 bend

I thought maybe it was designed this way for added strength or something along those lines but you're probably right, something to do with manufacturing.
  15. Clutchcargo

Charlotte 3" long 1/4 bend

There seems to be a design consideration built into this bend. Any idea why one side of the 90 is different than the other? Using this below a WC to go to horizontal.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks