Recent content by clawbennett

1. clawbennett

Installing Shower Cartridge before Shower Wall

Awesome. I couldn't think of a reason why it wouldn't work. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing I was missing as far as things staying in place, etc. Much appreciated!
  2. clawbennett

Installing Shower Cartridge before Shower Wall

Okay, newbie question here. We are redoing the shower, and I have probably a very basic question. We are installing a shower enclosure and before I permanently attach the enclosure wall on the shower valve/faucet side, I want to ensure there are no leaks in the plumbing and the valve. The...
  3. clawbennett

Odor from kitchen sink only (Well water)

Tested it again this morning. It is definitely localized to the kitchen sink faucet. This morning I immediately put the water into a fluted glass and it smelled of rotten eggs/sulfur. So we know it's bacteria. The odor disappeared after about 10 seconds of running the water. I did the glass...
  4. clawbennett

I would probably need to have someone do it professionally. Our well is 200ft or more deep and it's not a job for me. lol I don't want to screw something up. And yes, bleach and vinegar are not available for us here. I am in rural Michigan. Limited store access times and limited stock due to...
  5. clawbennett

I will see if I can disassemble the faucet/sprayer. It's a single unit.
  6. clawbennett

It takes quite a while to get hot water to any of our sinks in the house. Regardless of the position of the single faucet handle the odor is present, usually after having not run it in a while. After a short period of running the water (maybe less than 30 seconds), the odors disappear. They...
  7. clawbennett

I don't disagree, but that wouldn't make the actual water itself smell, right? Would the area under the sink smell if it was faulty? I am not sure how these valves work to know where the odor itself would come from if it was faulty....
  8. clawbennett

Thanks, 800px or less coming up.
  9. clawbennett

Hello, We are on a septic system and well water to preface our situation. So for a while, we've been noticing odors from the kitchen sink. We have the typical sink, but have a vent attached to the drain system. There are no draining issues from the sink or the dish washer. The odor itself...
  10. clawbennett

Electric water heater with outdoor wood boiler

When we bought the house everything was here already. The previous owner said they never needed to keep the electric WH on in the winter months when the OWB was burning. So they flipped the breaker off. So last winter we didn’t notice much because we didn’t know better. However this year we’ve...
  11. clawbennett

There is a recirculating pump on at the boiler outside. Would that be enough?
  12. clawbennett

Cool. I am assuming then that it is okay to turn the water heater back on while running the wood boiler? I ask bc I’m getting mixed answers. Some are suggesting it will “overheat”?
  13. clawbennett

We have a Central Boiler outdoor wood boiler for heating the air and water for the home. The issue we are having is that we aren’t being supplied enough hot water for the house. The OWB is hooked up to the electric hot water heater via a sidearm. I have read this is not optimal for our...
  14. clawbennett

Bathroom Exhaust Fans

No roof leaks causing the molding issue. we typically run the exhaust fan when showering. And even after for a while until visible steam is gone from the bathroom, but the moisture and condensation still remains both on the bathroom ceiling and connected master bedroom windows and wall. It is...
  15. clawbennett

Bathroom Exhaust Fans

Anyone?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks