Recent content by Brian J. Murrell

1. Brian J. Murrell

Identifying leaking kitchen faucet valve

NVM. It is a pretty standard valve. Those black plastic covers just pop off. A new washer and o-ring and it's as good as new.
  2. Brian J. Murrell

Identifying leaking kitchen faucet valve

I need to fix a leaking faucet valve but first I need to identify it to figure out how to service it. Anyone recognize this faucet and/or valve? Cheers.
  3. Brian J. Murrell

Increase ABS DWV glue up (working) time (perhaps use an epoxy?)

Hi Terry. Yeah, I am fully aware of such solutions and would have very much done exactly that but per my original message: Most of those solution require many inches of headroom. The one you pointed out for example requires an 8" joist space. Installation is in a 100+ year old house where...
  4. Brian J. Murrell

Hi Terry. Appreciate the response. Yeah, that's what I am used to with a standard type tub. In this case, the drain is already assembled into the tub (with no way to reassemble it to the waste if I removed it before installing the tub as it has a nut underneath the tub) with a threaded...
  5. Brian J. Murrell

I am installing a freestanding tub in a cove that the tub just fits in. That means there is no ability for two people to just lift the ends of the tub and drop it into place in one motion, onto the ABS waste pipe coming up through the floor. So I have to set the tub up on a couple of 2x4s at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks