Bob999
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello Bob999
    You got me thinking of the pressure loss of the 9100 vs 9500, with 9500 having less pressure loss but meter accuracy of 1.5gpm and >, which is not good for residential apps.You mentioned the Fleck 7000 and how it has higher flow rates vs 9100 with less pressure loss. I plan to split the irrigation zones, and was thinking maybe I could get the 7000 and manually regenerate it before I would run the various zones. I found alot of positive posts you made about the 7000. I was hoping you could answer a few questions.The 7000sxt spec sheet has the meter accuracy as 2-40gpm. Is that correct? It is greater than the 9500 meter accuracy, which was not be good for the residential apps? On the spec sheet it has 27.7 & 28.4 gpm at 50 spi, but does not list psi loss? Would you know where I can find the gpm psi loss info? With the 1.25" distributor tube & 4.5cu/ft resin, would the 7000sxt would be good for home use and partial zones irrigation use? I appreciate your reply.Thank you.
    Here's another question for you...my inlet line on the plumbing is 3/4" CPVC. The Fleck 7000 has a 1" inlet flow valve. Obviously I could redo my inlet line from the well bladder to the softener as 1", but do you know of any 3/4" to 1" adapters for CPVC? If not, any thoughts on the 9000 SXT? That appears to be available in a 3/4" inlet....

Thanks again,
    Chris
    Bob,

You seem to genuinely be willing to educate me on what I need, which is why I'm sending you a PM.

Having said that, I'm fairly confident that a Fleck 7000 with SST resin is what I want to go with. Any suggestions on where to purchase this? You stated it can be had for under 700, but just about everywhere I check it's around 900ish. Furthermore, any suggestions/comments regarding a pre-filter for the system? My thoughts are to catch large sediments/reduce the risk of destroying your system should the well run dry, etc.

Overall, I think that others have stated a Fleck is an excellent valve. With the additional media efficiency, I think it'll work for me. I'll need help setting up the timer, but I'll tackle that when I get there.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks