Recent content by blues_90

1. blues_90

Leak from pipe where dishwasher drain hose goes into

Thanks everyone for the advice. Very clear. Main issue now is that I can't put the snake in too far, and I don't want to force it in there as well. Do I just keep trying? And if I still can't pull out/clear out any clogs, admit defeat and call a plumber? I'm not too proud to call in an expert.
  2. blues_90

Thanks Reach4. To summarize, my steps should be: 1) Snake out both drain pipes. 2) Reconnect the drain hose directly to the disposal, but first make sure to knock out the disposal plug. 3) Cut the standpipe where it's just a stub sticking out from the wall and put a clean out adapter on it...
  3. blues_90

Looked up some videos and that's pretty straightforward. Not clear on the "Then cut the ptrap out where the dishwasher ties in now and turn it into a clean out" part. But what about water coming out from the standpipe? Right now, when the dishwasher is not running, and the sink faucet is on...
  4. blues_90

"Only an idiot would connect a dishwasher that way". I didn't build it, just fixing said idiot's mistake. The house I'm in is a flip and all new plumbing was installed as part of the flip. Hasn't been an issue for three years until now.
  5. blues_90

I'm not exactly sure what this part is called, but I have water coming out from the pvc pipe where the dishwasher drain hose goes into if I run the water in the sink for too long. I have a dual sink: right sink has the garbage disposal, left sink just a regular drain. Yesterday the water was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks