Recent content by bluegill

1. B

sucking air in driven well

Today I tore everything apart and fixed all the leaks and sweated on a ballvalve on the pressure side. Things seem to be working better although I still have some cavitation. I can live with what I have now. Thanks for all the advice and help. I'm staying out of HF unless what I want doesn't...
  2. B

point well taken ballvalve.
  3. B

After a little more investigation I'm thinking the pump is too powerful for the water draw on the well causing the cavitation. My next step is to install a flow control valve to slow down the sucking action of the pump. I thought it was an alternative that was not too difficult to do and might...
  4. B

I have a summer cottage on a lake in N.E. Ohio. I shut the cottage down and drain the water each fall and then open it back up in the spring. This year I decided to get rid of my old jet pump and replace it. I bought one of those Harbor Freight 1hp shallow well pumps (max lift 164 ft, max...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks