Recent content by BimmerRacer

1. BimmerRacer

Moen outdoor hot/cold faucet rebuild kit

I could give that a shot, thanks
  2. BimmerRacer

Moen outdoor hot/cold faucet rebuild kit

Hi, I have one of these I installed years ago and it's leaking from under the handle area. Does anyone know where to source the correct rebuild kit for it and/or instructions for doing it? Seems like there are some on Amazon with mixed reviews.
  3. BimmerRacer

Basement kitchenette

Ah I missed the vent part of the post.
  4. BimmerRacer

Basement kitchenette

Doesn't really matter given it's still more than whats allowed in the current structure, right? it's like 6' away from the stack
  5. BimmerRacer

Basement kitchenette

Problem is the drain stack is all the way in the corner by the entry and I wasn't planning on having the counter/cabinets span that side of the wall. Bedroom ___ ___________________| X | |_____________________| ENTRY | Kitchenette X is where the stack is.
  6. BimmerRacer

Basement kitchenette

Hi, looking to add a kitchenette in the basement. Supply I think it easy as I have a PEX manifold with some spare ports. Questions are around drain and vent. I have a 4" (need to confirm) stack on the same wall as the sink is going on. I assume 4x4x2" wye is good to splice into that at...
  7. BimmerRacer

See you later, not goodbye!

My condolences to your family, may he rest in peace. I am thankful to him for being part of this community and for having a place DIYers (and sometimes pros) could always turn to for advice and guidance and always feel welcomed.
  8. BimmerRacer

Point of entry filter

Check the bladder how? Isn't it a sealed tank? It's about 2 years old maybe
  9. BimmerRacer

Point of entry filter

I dumped the pressure tank, looks like small (up to 1mm max rust particles)
  10. BimmerRacer

Point of entry filter

Hello, I am noticing a fair amount of sediment in my faucet/tankless heater screens and would like to add a sediment filter. I assume it will go at the entry point before the well pressure tank and everything else. Can someone 1. recommend a brand, is one better than others? something along...
  11. BimmerRacer

Tubmount.com? is this a failed startup or what?

Well, no reply to the email from the company so.... Might check out if my HD has these https://www.strongtie.com/studplateties_strapsandties/dsp-ssp-sp-sph-rsp-tsp_productgroup_wcc/p/dsp.ssp.sp.sph.rsp4.tsp
  12. BimmerRacer

Gotcha. Too bad the contraption seems to be MIA so I might look at using some strapping or possibly just forego the ledger all together since instructions do not call for it.
  13. BimmerRacer

I don't think the mortar bed would lift up as a ring would especially if plastic is used, but, I have never tried. How would you lower the ledger without some contraption such as this one?
  14. BimmerRacer

I have done the mortar bed for a drop in tub, so I am somewhat familiar with it. But for an alcove I am not sure how I would get the tub leveled in on the mortar bed AND get the ledger height correct. I was thinking I could hang the ledger with the strapping, level the tub in the bed, pull up...
  15. BimmerRacer

So the question I have about this method and I am purely asking for my bath project is how do you do that with the mortar bed? Kohler doesn't say I even need the ledger so am I over complicating it?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks