Recent content by bfr57

1. bfr57

Worth Switching to Tankless?

Thanks for the input. Yes, we are on a TOU and have solar. So when the solar is over-producing (power back to grid) is when I have the WH timed to come on, so basically power is free as long as sun is out! Think I'll just stick with another electric tank unit.
  2. bfr57

Also considering a heat pump water heater.....more to research on those.
  3. bfr57

Been doing a ton of research on tankless vs tank heaters. Let me describe our current setup and then I'll pose my question. We have an electric 50 gal tank (almost 20 y.o.) that's starting to seep so I know I'm on borrowed time; if we were to switch systems, now is the time. I have a timer...
  4. bfr57

Repiping Behind Cabinets?

No, that won't work as it's a full concrete foundation slab. The current come in from main and go up into attic and branch down through the walls. This kitchen is the branch that's the hardest with the cabinets. Now we did decide to R&R the countertop, so I might just remove the cabs, run...
  5. bfr57

Repiping Behind Cabinets?

Have a project house with poly pipes and going to repipe in PEX. My question with this project comes to getting water to the kitchen sink. The cabinets are situated in a "L" configuration with the sink on the portion of "L" coming off an exterior wall. So, the sink isn't on a wall. There is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks