Recent content by bern43

1. bern43

Toto Guinevere Supply Line Mess Up

The valve is connected to the chrome pipe. It looks like it's a one-piece unit that was sweated onto the copper stub. Plumber wasn't planning on coming back.
  2. bern43

Chrome is a sleeve, but I believe it's sweated on and slightly bigger than the copper coming out of the wall. Not sure if there's a compression connection that would work with the bigger diameter.
  3. bern43

Tile guy still had a bit more work to do, so we ended up opening the wall and moving the supply line. I'm happy with the location, but not how far the shut-off valve sticks out. Plumber put the shut-off valve on while I was out of the house or I would have vetoed it. Not sure if it's worth...
  4. bern43

I thought I had the clearance for the supply line to clear the skirt on the back of the Guinevere. But I don't. It's off by a small amount. Here's the dimensions. Rough in = 11.5 inches. Supply Line = 5 inches from center. Supply Line distance from wall = 3 1/4 inches Supply Line height from...
  5. bern43

Grohe Universal Rough-in Question

Thanks for all your help! From the edge of the white label, which is big further back from the edge of the box, it's going to be even further off, probably closer to 1/2 inch. Looks like we may need to do some re-work or maybe use an extension as a last resort. I assume the melted plastic...
  6. bern43

Assuming my calculations are right (1/2 for the concrete board, .37 for the tile, 1/8 for the thinset, and a 1/4 shim so the concrete board overhangs the tiling flange on the Kohler Bellwether tub) it looks like the edge of the plastic is going to roughly 1/4 inch back from the front of the...
  7. bern43

I'm in the middle of my bathroom project. I'm doing a lot of the work myself, but not the plumbing. The plumber came by the other day to install the Grohe Universal Rough in Valve. During the install the plumber's heat shield burned through and the bottom portion of the plastic rough-in box...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks