Recent content by BenPC

1. BenPC

Why and how is water leaking heavily post-valve irrigation

I get home and water is pouring out under the concrete and flooding a low area in our backyard. I run up to meter, it is spinning, I turn off ball valve to irrigation and it stops. However; the only place I can find water is AFTER the controller valve which is off. No water around it. See...
  2. BenPC

Repairing faucet

Guess what! It worked! Thanks so much. The only issue now is that there is a slow drip from the same cold side. For a ceramic disc cartridge like this, that means it isn’t closing because either debris is still there or there could be a knick or something in the ceramic. Should I back shoot...
  3. BenPC

Repairing faucet

So this is supposed to clean out the valve by pushing hot water back through the cold valve and out through the supply line? Okay, I can try that. That means that the cause of the low flow is some debris build up?
  4. BenPC

Repairing faucet

Hello! I am repairing a problematic two handle faucet that has extremely low flow from the cold supply. After replacing a broken valve from the supply to the flex line, I’ve checked all hoses and connections and believe the issue is with the handle valve. I’m stuck at how to take apart the...
  5. BenPC

Clearance for pressure reducing valve-which type will I need?

Thanks! This is so helpful. Didn’t think to take out the shut off valve. I have done quite a bit of my own plumbing repairs but never soldered. I’m going to practice a bit first to learn. Is this the type of job that a first timer can do?
  6. BenPC

Clearance for pressure reducing valve-which type will I need?

Hi all, I would love to install my own pressure reducing valve for the home (about 100PSI now) but I’m stumped as to where I can put it. First picture is outside main coming in. Second is right behind that wall and then it disappears behind the water heater where it splits. These are really my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks