Recent content by arcman49

1. arcman49

Concerned Noob has two issues with well replacement pump

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the input. In the end I decided to leave it as is and hope it lasts. Next project like this, I'll do some more research before deciding which manufacturer to choose. Lee
  2. arcman49

Two different clamp on meters. Mine read a bit higher than the neighbors RMS meter. We also jumped my Amprobe DMM using a switch for start up and it was the same. Not once did we see anything lower than 6.3 amps.
  3. arcman49

Late Sunday the water finally cleared up and no chlorine odor. One down. The flow vs. amperage is still puzzling. For our test, the flow from the pump goes directly through the hose bib and the valve to the pressure tank is closed. With this arrangement we were able to cut the flow down to...
  4. arcman49

Not really. After six months or so, there would be around a teaspoons worth in the bottom of the filter. But, the filter pleats would be coated in this fine grey (consistent with toothpaste) silt.
  5. arcman49

Things are improving today. I ran the pump for 30 minutes and it has cleared considerably. The water is still cloudy but I can now see down around 10 inches in a five gallon bucket and just trace amounts of silt in the bottom. Still pulling 6.7 amps. Is it possible that over the years there...
  6. arcman49

I would like to know why my pump is drawing beyond the specified amps 7 GPM (start up) to 6 GPM (draw down). (Sorry if this is wordy but I figured I should include as much info as I can up front. ) Our well showed symptoms of a leaking check valve so I pulled the pump. It was cycling a few...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks